A5 mirror dip/fold

Havana Club

Reaction score
Hi guys

Picked up a 2016 A5 S line black edition plus a week ago from Audi Hull.

On getting home, I'm 99% sure the wing mirrors folded on locking, like my A4, and through the obd port with obd eleven, I activated the mirror dip on reversing.

Wing mirrors don't fold even though the option to fold them is activated on the mmi menu, the mirror dip isn't working anymore as of yesterday. When checking it through the obd eleven dongle and it's still activated and last night there were no headlights on unlocking and no interior light when I opened the door.
I had a warning pop up saying battery was discharged and it would be charged on driving.

The car doesn't seem to be remembering settings and this morning the mirror dip still isn't working.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Other than taking it back to Audi of course, which if I get no joy I'll do, just don't want to tell them I've changed settings through the obd port.

Wing mirror fold and dip are both activated.

Thanks guys

It’s in the wrong forum as this is for the newer version (B9 onwards) so you may not get many answers here. Perhaps a mod can move it for you @Sandra ?

For your question - have you tried reverting it back to the original settings in OBD (before you made any changes) and seeing how everything works?

Reactions: Sandra
Just tried it, and it hasn't made any difference, although the interior lights are coming on today.

It’s in the wrong forum as this is for the newer version (B9 onwards) so you may not get many answers here. Perhaps a mod can move it for you @Sandra ?

For your question - have you tried reverting it back to the original settings in OBD (before you made any changes) and seeing how everything works?

b8.5 were still sold in 2016. :whistle2:

JG

Hi guys

Picked up a 2016 A5 S line black edition plus a week ago from Audi Hull.

On getting home, I'm 99% sure the wing mirrors folded on locking, like my A4, and through the obd port with obd eleven, I activated the mirror dip on reversing.

Wing mirrors don't fold even though the option to fold them is activated on the mmi menu, the mirror dip isn't working anymore as of yesterday. When checking it through the obd eleven dongle and it's still activated and last night there were no headlights on unlocking and no interior light when I opened the door.
I had a warning pop up saying battery was discharged and it would be charged on driving.

The car doesn't seem to be remembering settings and this morning the mirror dip still isn't working.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Other than taking it back to Audi of course, which if I get no joy I'll do, just don't want to tell them I've changed settings through the obd port.

Wing mirror fold and dip are both activated.

Thanks guys

Take it back to Audi, plead ignorant about the changes you've made. :thumbs up:

JG

Reactions: Havana Club
So I had to have it in twice.

1st time they discovered loads of stuff had been coded, some stuff that shouldn't have been. They said they'd need it in for a full day to go into the ECU and reset it all. It was showing a log of 1 of the 3 stages of battery shutdown it goes into which needed all wiping etc.
I posted it dumb throughout and asked what coding was

They had it in yesterday and reset everything back to factory standard.

Today I've reactivated the lock/unlock confirmation and wing mirror dip.

The girl on reception said if someone plus a vagcom into it, it wipes all the settings! Yeah, course it does!

What actually happened was I'd activated a few things that weren't fitted so the ECU was constantly sending electrical signals to the unit that wasn't fitted, wasn't getting a signal back so kept sending signals before shutting down.

Appears to be all sorted now, also appears out was my doing that cocked it up in the 1st place ‍♂️

Reactions: RS5 JON