A5 cruise control retrofitting

Dave_71

Reaction score
I just fitted a new set of steering column switches including cruise control to my 08 A5 and im now having some problems getting it recognised by the engine ECU with VCDS / VAG-COM.

I enabled the cruise in the steering wheel, and engine codes, and have confirmed that all of the switches on new the new stalks work and show up in VAG-COM.

I tried the login codes for enabling cruise on the ECU (11463 ?) but it isnt accepted by the car.

Any suggestions ?

Any codes thrown?

Also given newer car, check in say central electrics for any long coding etc for cruise enabling.

11463 is only for the older cars, new A4/A5/Q5 are a different kettle of fish. Sorry I can't help you with the coding AFAIK it's all done with SVM codes online now. If you can get a friendly techie to enter the SVM code for you online it's 050 050 from memory.

Last edited:
11463 is only for the older cars, new A4/A5/Q5 are a different kettle of fish. Sorry I can't help you with the coding AFAIK it's all done with SVM codes online now. If you can get a friendly techie to enter the SVM code for you online it's 050 050 from memory.

I fitted CC to a MY10 S3 the other week and the login-11 was greyed out, so it was impossible to enter the 11463, instead I had to use the coding-07 to select 'Cruise Control Installed'.

Have a look in the coding-07 of engine-01 and see if theres anything there about CC. In the MY10 S3 there was a long coding helper within the coding.

Yeah newer 8P's are different, why they did it via security access in 1st place makes me wonder.

Is an error coming up when you enter the '11463' code, or is it accepting it and just not working?

A5 2008, i tried to add cruise control today but failed ... i install everything, did the codings in vcdc, all accepted but for some reason it doesn't work ... no green light in dash. Any ideeas?

Decode, turn the car of, recode & try again, assuming you have the correct stalk version & can see cruise buttons being used in measuring blocks.

Decode, turn the car of, recode & try again, assuming you have the correct stalk version & can see cruise buttons being used in measuring blocks.
Will try and let you know. Also when i put the stalk with cruise control on, i had esp light on and couldn't get it out ...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk