A5 Black Edition Plus - The Mythos

alexmarin

Reaction score
Hi guys. Recently purchased A 2016 A5 Black Edition Plus and been making some modifications so I thought I'd make a small thread that hopefully not only helps me out but also inspire others.

This is as it sits now, with recently added private plates on. Can you guess what G9 might stand for?

Reactions: Bishop187 and THQuattro
Went for a muffler delete yesterday. Sounds much better but have to now get used to it, specifically any droning.

Last edited:
Reactions: THQuattro and RS5 JON
Looks awesome!

What does the plus have over the standard Black Edition?

Thanks man!

For one, it was harder to find, haha, with only about 11 Petrol in UK when I was looking.

The main bits that stood out were some body changes, like the bumpers, spoiler and these alloys instead of the rotors. I do like all black everything.

But other bits according to some guy on another forum:

New bumper with gloss black grille and inlays

Gloss black mirror caps

Gloss black sill fins

New boot spoiler (small lip on trailing edge)

Gloss black inlays on rear bumper

Aluminium pedal covers on the Autos

Lovely car mate. My wife has a white 3 door black edition plus. I'm looking at getting a Sportback as soon as I'm allowed to travel to the dealers

Reactions: alexmarin
@EXSpartan36 thanks man! I was a bit unsure about the sportback as I liked the look of the coupe more but now I'm happy about it. The Plus makes it look really good!

I fitted pedal shifter extensions. Wasnt sure about them or the red at first but I think they look really cool!

4AC38B46 D5C5 48D8 9C5E C56E6A2A3F4B

Reactions: THQuattro
Thanks @robtaylors

Can anyone recommend a decent remapping place near East London? I was going to have Fastlane Styling in Romford do Stage 1 for £350 but kinda decided against it as they didn't use a dyno or anything like that? Thoughts?

THQuattro on the forum does mobile re-mapping, he’s done my last 2 x audis

Reactions: alexmarin and THQuattro
Got black badges on but removed the paddle shift extensions (for now) as one fell off.. I did have a feeling that they might.

63B4C157 FEDA 4642 8E2B FECACD29499D
F1CEA76C 883E 4BA0 9AA1 189140A74D27

Reactions: THQuattro, Macdoon, EXSpartan36 and 1 other person
Stage 1 done today, now at roughly 230bhp. Thanks to @THQuattro and the lads at JF Automotive.

A photo to celebrate

05D145D0 3F07 49CE 9416 C5A2B8A6C2AD

Reactions: Bishop187, THQuattro and RS5 JON
Very glad you are happy with the remap.

Reactions: alexmarin
Small paint correction and polish + callipers painted in a yellow/orange shade.
1717F6FE 0780 41AA 81A3 8A418106BE4B
3B981AC2 8182 4629 AE45 0A576F5D6241

Reactions: THQuattro, robtaylors, EXSpartan36 and 1 other person
Where did you get your black badges from? I've just picked up a black A5 black edition and like the look you have going on there.
Hey man, the back requires a curved badge, got it on ebay: Audi A5 Gloss Black Rear Boot Badge Curved Rings Logo Emblem 192x68mm

The front was bought on etsy but can probably be found on eBay too. Mine was the 273x94mm gloss black

Reactions: EXSpartan36
Thanks mate. Have you done anything else to yours since?

Hey man, the back requires a curved badge, got it on ebay: Audi A5 Gloss Black Rear Boot Badge Curved Rings Logo Emblem 192x68mm

The front was bought on etsy but can probably be found on eBay too. Mine was the 273x94mm gloss black

Hey all, happy new year.

I had a bit of time and decided to do a few more bits before my next MOT.

Changed front discs and break pads to Brembos and used this opportunity to quickly get some spacers installed.

15mm front, 20mm back.

Also got the K&N air filter intake that replaced the stock straight up, due to install it today.

FRONT

Frame 2 min

Frame323 min

BACK

Frame 1 min

Reactions: THQuattro and Bishop187
Hi Alex, nice ride! I've just got a BE+ with same wheels in Blue. I'm really struggling trying to decide which spacer sizes to buy so was wondering if you could post up a couple more pics of you car showing the side views? Would be a massive help if you could.