A5 Black Edition lowered & spaced: H&R Sport Springs & TRAK+ 15mm/20mm Spacers

satj

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been digging around these forums for a while looking to lower and widen the track of my A5 Black Edition with 19" Rotors and the factory sport suspension, and after a lot of deliberation I finally chose to roll with:
  • H&R Sport Springs (1.3" and 1.25" lowering, front and rear respectively)
  • H&R TRAK+ spacers (15mm and 20mm, front and rear respectively)

I thought I'd post up a few before and after photos as I struggled to find any information on the net relating to this spring/spacer combination. I hope you like the results - I love them!

ps. these are photos just two days after installation, things will no doubt settle a little.

Before:

Before1
Before2
Before3
Before4

After:

After1
After2
After3
After4
After5
After6
After7
After8
After9

Last edited:
Reactions: Donny_DJ, Chris Nelson, V6 Quatt and 3 others
No room for improvement , except the 15 year olds will be saying it isn't low enough .

I would've done it myself and saved myself £190ish but I've not a great deal of spare time at the moment.

I had all work done through TTShop, Kempston, Bedfordshire.

Reactions: Double V
satj,

Could you possibly sent me a link for buying these lowering springs? I can't seem to find this height anywhere!

These are the very springs indeed my friend!

Thanks again. Probably the best sitting A5 I've ever seen btw.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
That looks very impressive .................

Question , was there any adverse effect on your ABS or Traction control ? No warning lights came on ?

I would like to do this to my S5 , but I'm slightly concerned , that it might effect the "Drive Select"

Hi Again @satj. Any updates on this? How's the car bedding? Any rubbing or clearance issues? Im doing mine next month and can't decide if I'm gonna go as low as 35mm. Just worried about the potential effects. Let me know.

Cheers

Max

What did the drop end up being from stock.
We're you originally on -20mm (1BE option) or -30mm (1BV option) Audi springs.

Hi all,

I've been digging around these forums for a while looking to lower and widen the track of my A5 Black Edition with 19" Rotors and the factory sport suspension, and after a lot of deliberation I finally chose to roll with:
  • H&R Sport Springs (1.3" and 1.25" lowering, front and rear respectively)
  • H&R TRAK+ spacers (15mm and 20mm, front and rear respectively)

I thought I'd post up a few before and after photos as I struggled to find any information on the net relating to this spring/spacer combination. I hope you like the results - I love them!

ps. these are photos just two days after installation, things will no doubt settle a little.

Before:

View attachment 56070 View attachment 56071 View attachment 56072 View attachment 56073

After:

View attachment 56074 View attachment 56075 View attachment 56076 View attachment 56077 View attachment 56078 View attachment 56083 View attachment 56080 View attachment 56081 View attachment 56082
Superb so 15 front 20 back?

IMO it's to much with a 9 inch wide wheel, but have a look on audzine, there's quite a few members running them.

JG

like it mate just the right amount i think

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk