A5 - Bang & Olufsen Speaker Issue

FurtiveSway

Reaction score
Hi lads,

been having a weird issue with my speaker system in my 2011, A5 Coupe (Black Edition).

Every few weeks when the car is running, the driver side door speaker will become distorted and any bass coming from my MMI will crackle, crunch badly meaning it must be turned off.

Once the car is left for a few hours, it's gone and will remain gone for another few weeks at a time.

Is this a software issue? Never known a speaker to blow but suddenly be OK again.

I have same issue , got to point where I have to turn the affected speakers off , it’s a 2017 car too , going back to Audi to sort out on warranty

Hi lads,

been having a weird issue with my speaker system in my 2011, A5 Coupe (Black Edition).

Every few weeks when the car is running, the driver side door speaker will become distorted and any bass coming from my MMI will crackle, crunch badly meaning it must be turned off.

Once the car is left for a few hours, it's gone and will remain gone for another few weeks at a time.

Is this a software issue? Never known a speaker to blow but suddenly be OK again.

If you have the B&O system then the amp could be starting to go bad. I had issues with mine before it died

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any water ingress on or near the amp?