A5 alloys on an a4

johnnevett

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking at upgrading my alloys on my a4 to 19" y spoke alloys off an a5
The alloys are 19" 5x112 ET32, I know the centre bore is the same
will these be a direct fit on my a4 and what tyre size would be recommended?
i will be lowering on bilstein shocks and eibach sportlines soon if this effect fitment
thanks
john

The offset is different on the A5 to the A4. The standard 19 inch wheel on an A4 is 8.5 x 19 et43 on an A5 it's 8.5 x 19 et 32 .
So the A5 alloys will stick out another 11mm which may or may not be an issue depending on the tyre size and how low your car is.

Karl.

The offset is different on the A5 to the A4. The standard 19 inch wheel on an A4 is 8.5 x 19 et43 on an A5 it's 8.5 x 19 et 32 .
So the A5 alloys will stick out another 11mm which may or may not be an issue depending on the tyre size and how low your car is.

Karl.
Thanks for the reply.
What tyre size would you recommend if I was to lower on bilstein shocks and Eibach sportlines or would these be issues with any tyre size and lowering on sportlines

Mines got Contact Sport 3's in 255x35x19 from the factory on the factory ET43 wheels.
These particular tyres are quite narrow across the thread. i.e. they measure much less than 255 across the thread part of the tyre, so I believe they are a good choice to help reduce potential rubbing issues.

Ok guys just an update,
I picked up my new alloys today's and need to start considering tyres. Decided to go for avons but unsure on what size would be best 255/35/19 (stock size) or 245/35/19. Really want to lower on sportlines so what tyre size would you recommend and would 245's throw the speedo out much
Thanks

Ok. We recommend you use the stock tyres of the size 255 35 R19 96Y. In the event of an accident, you may not be compensated if you use any other. We recommend the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT
Test & review Dunlop Sport Maxx RT tyre which we had the chance to test in Ascari, Spain Dunlop Sport Maxx RT: Tests on the Ascari race track - Events organised by tyre manufacturers - rezulteo .
This is a very good tyre in terms of sportiness that will satisfy any lovers of speed.

There's also the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 prices. .
It finished 3 rd in our big sport summer tyre comparison last year
Rezulteo’s big tyre comparison: 10 sports tyres put to the test - Comparative tyre test and trial - rezulteo .
We were very satisfied with its steering response and performance with regard to braking on dry ground.

Hope this helps :)

Ok. We recommend you use the stock tyres of the size 255 35 R19 96Y. In the event of an accident, you may not be compensated if you use any other. We recommend the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT
Test & review Dunlop Sport Maxx RT tyre which we had the chance to test in Ascari, Spain Dunlop Sport Maxx RT: Tests on the Ascari race track - Events organised by tyre manufacturers - rezulteo .
This is a very good tyre in terms of sportiness that will satisfy any lovers of speed.

Rezulteo’s big tyre comparison: 10 sports tyres put to the test - Comparative tyre test and trial - rezulteo .
We were very satisfied with its steering response and performance with regard to braking on dry ground.

Thanks for your reply, u seem to know your stuff.
I have used a tyre calculator to show the differences and to me it seems a 245 tyre would be better when compared to my stock tyre

Thanks for your reply, u seem to know your stuff.
I have used a tyre calculator to show the differences and to me it seems a 245 tyre would be better when compared to my stock tyre

It seems like it would work. You've certainly done your research. Just look into the whole insurance thing. If anything unfortunate should happen (touch wood), it would be better if you got compensated. But I'm sure you don't need to be told that.
Best of luck.