A5 3.0TDI - Faulty Inlet Manifold - HELP!

A

A5NDY L

I recently took my 3.0TDI into Stoke Audi for its 40k service. Everything was OK until they told me that their systems were picking up a faulty manifold! the car is DEC 2007, mostly motorway commuting, so I'm pretty sure the manifold shouldn't be faulty already?!

I have used VAGCOM to make some minor tweeks, mostly things like dipping wing mirror when in reverse, but I have accessed the Audi Drive Select (ADS) - this has options to change the engine and steering response.

So I have a few questions for you all:

1) Has this happened to anyone else?

2) Could the ADS be affecting the diagnostics? - and by removing this part through VAGCOM the system would read as normal?

3) What are the chances of being able to get Audi UK to cover the cost if it is genuinely faulty - even though I've changed the base coding with VAGCOM? (This is my fourth Audi and I'm 24 - and so I thought of playing along the lines of brand loyalty)

ANY help would be greatly appreciated as I'm looking at a bill of £1300 to get this repaired.

Also - does anyone have VAGCOM in Chorley/Preston/Bolton/Wigan/Eccles/Monton/Warrington areas? - may be worth removing my ADS and having a diagnostics check to se if it makes a difference?

Thanks, Andy

Look for threads 'inlet manifold runner' common problem