A5 3.0TDI Facelift Stage 2 DPF OFF?

lenti

7th Gear
Reaction score
Website
www.garaget.org
Has anyone here done stage 2 with DPF off on their A5/A4 3.0TDI Facelift?

im looking to do the stage 2 dpf off and also S-Tronic Software, but im a bit afraid that the car wont handle it and something will break fast..
i still have 1 year warranty left on it.

so my question is should i be afraid of it?
and if there is anyone here whos done it that can tell me the good and bad things with the stage 2 dpf off.

thank you
large_374860-3538960.jpg

large_374860-3538968.jpg

large_374860-3542127.jpg

Basically the same engine as I have in mine.However mine is a manual so extra torque is not an issue.
DPF removal and remap will give you 300bhp + and a shed load more performance, better fuel economy as it doesn't need to regen and it will sound better as the DPF / cat absorbs/blocks a lot of noise.
Downside is that if you have any issues it will be fairly obvious to the dealer car has been mapped.
If you are anywhere near Manchester Rick at Unicorn Motor developments will be worth a call.

Karl.

Basically the same engine as I have in mine.However mine is a manual so extra torque is not an issue.
DPF removal and remap will give you 300bhp + and a shed load more performance, better fuel economy as it doesn't need to regen and it will sound better as the DPF / cat absorbs/blocks a lot of noise.
Downside is that if you have any issues it will be fairly obvious to the dealer car has been mapped.
If you are anywhere near Manchester Rick at Unicorn Motor developments will be worth a call.

Karl.

Thank you for the answer Karl, a bit difficult for me who lives in Sweden to get to Manchester, but i will go for GIAC here in Sweden, @ Stertman Motorsport, the same company who did Jon Olssons R8 and his new RS6

Will there be much smoke after the DPF off?
and how about the smell? some people say it will smell old diesel alot.

If it's mapped correctly you will get no smoke, It won't smell either.

Reactions: Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps
If it's mapped correctly you will get no smoke, It won't smell either.
okey, but should i worry about the car if i do stage 2, or should i only go for stage 1 ecu software?
i mean the car should feel better without the egr and the dpf, so why would somehting break beacuse of it?

Car will be better without EGR and a DPF, completely standard cars can have issues, if it's mapped correctly then you shouldn't have any issues. But you never know and nobody can guarantee 100% that there won't be an issue.