A5 3.0 TDI - Real Life MPG?

AndyT_uk

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm thinking of making the swap over to an A5 3.0TDI from my current B6 S4 as I'm doing a fair amount of mileage now and it's likely to increase some more. Just wondering if the owners of these could post up what they tend to average from a tank please?

I guess its fairly easy to average mid 40's with these, although the extra urban stats reckon ~53mpg. My commute is mainly motorway now with around 10miles of B roads at the end.

Most likely looking at an 07 plate one as well if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
Andy

manual or auto? my a6 with same engine and auto averages 33mpg

What does it tend to do on a run? 33 is a little lower than I was expecting, is that mainly town driving etc?

Cheers!

babying it on a run keeping it around 60mph gives 40mpg

i'm guessing the manual a5 will be better, but it's not a 55mpg 130pd engine

Yeah my friends stronic A5 3.0 can actually show a realtime mpg when tanking of same as the B6 S4 tbh, scared me when I put my foot down in it, showing 6mpg, but thats just literally at that moment, average is as above, 30-35 was what I saw, its a v6 3.0 as said above it wont be amazingly econmical. but it should be 50-100% more than the S4, as I used to run one so know what they used to drink lol.

My A6 3.0TDi auto will do 40mpg at a push but motorway is usually 29-36mpg.

Town driving is 14-19mpg.

My A5 3.0TDI manual gives me an average of 35mpg town and country combined, and will give a trip average of 43mpg on a decent motorway run.

Mines been chipped and is a few weeks into ownership. I seem to get around 33-38 going to work and on a run to Swindon and back the other weekend (360 miles ) of 80-90 running i got 39mpg

its actually doing better than Mrs B,s tdi passat but thats got 110000 miles on it