A5 3.0 215bhp mpg

Athomas

Reaction score
Hi guys im currently considering maybe purchasing a 3.0 tdi and was dubious about the mpg listed on these cars, on auto trader its listed as (combined) 61.4mpg , is this at all realistic, im just curious as the 2.0l is not much difference.
TIA

Hi guys im currently considering maybe purchasing a 3.0 tdi and was dubious about the mpg listed on these cars, on auto trader its listed as (combined) 61.4mpg , is this at all realistic, im just curious as the 2.0l is not much difference.
TIA
Hi, not sure about the 3.0 tdi, but if it's anything like the 2.0 petrol s-tronic which is what I have, it's nowhere near!

Book is: Urban 39.80 mpg, Extra Urban 58.90 mpg and Combined 50.40 mpg
I do a lot of short trips in and around town, and get around 25-30mpg depending on if I keep hitting red lights!!! 20mpg if I'm just running up to the shops, but it's less than a mile so I should walk lol. On a long run it's OK, I can sit at 60mph and return around 47mpg easily.

Great car to be fair, very comfy and it cruises along. Doing 70 feels like 40....maybe that's why this is just over 5 years old now and I still have it...I normally change them before they hit 3!

TIA
I had a 3.0 TDI 215 bhp for 3 years and averaged 37mpg for the period I had it. Never got anywhere near 65mpg but on a long run fully laden at motorway limits it would easily average 50+ mpg. Prior to that I have a 2.0 TDI manual Quattro version and that only averaged 32mpg over the 4 years i had that.

The 215 bhp version was only available for around a year after which it was replaced 286bhp version. According to my local dealer one of the reasons for this was because the 3.0ltr offered more performance with better economy than the 2.0ltr

given the choice of the 2, I’d chose the 3.0ltr every time.

The 3.0litre engines just feel like they're in a class of their own. The smoothness, power, torque, and not too bad MPG considering what it is. They map far too.