A5 2015 Cabriolet Radio-No Sound problem

rbtc67

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Looking for some help please, my son's car went into the Audi Technik Centre in Glasgow to have his Radio Component protection removed and paid £96 for the pleasure.
He was quoted £2300 from them previously when he had the issue and they ran a diagnostic check another £96 to tell him it was the radio.
We bought one from Ebay and installed it, issue was the radio sound would be on and off every few seconds ( component protection) .
He contacted the Audi Technik centre again and they said they could remove the component protection.7
Car went in to have this done at Audi Technik Centre Glasgow-Swan Street on Friday , went in with the sound working apart from the radio (which is why it was going in) came out with NO sound on anything.
They said it was fixed- on the invoice it says all working, went in to see them today-Totally not interested- said it could have happened when I picked the car up. They are taking no blame! They want another £96 to run a diagnostic scan again- Shocking Do NOT USE THEM!

Anyone know of somewhere I don't have to pay £96 to have component protection removed around Glasgow?
Looks like it may be an amp issue now, thinking of buying a second hand B&O amplifier and again having to get the component protection removed when I do.

Unless anyone thinks there may be a different issue?
Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Robert