A5 2.0 TFSI S/Line SE

bcal707

Reaction score
Hi....
Five weeks ago I purchased (New) the above vehicle, but only now I am beginning to notice at how poor the standard equipment level is on this vehicle in comparison to the nearly 4 yr old Merc 220 CLK AMG sport that I part exchanged, and consiquently has led to quite heated debates at my Audi dealership.
Three very minor items missing from my Audi that I thought would be standard, and that the handbook and brochure for the A5 Coupe seem to indicate should be on my car but are not are.
No Light in Glove Box
No First Aid Kit
No Cup holder in the front of the rear centre arm rest

Can anyone more clued up than I advise if my car should have these items before I go ranting and raing at Audi .
Rergards............John

If you look on the Audi website you can find the brochure for your car http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/PriceAndSpecGuides/a5-s5.pdf It is clear from this that your car should have a First Aid Kit included (Pg 14), have you checked in the rear arm rest as that is where it normally is located. You only get the light in the glove box if you add the Interior Light Package option (Pg44) and to get the cup holder in the rear arm rest you need the Storage Package option (Pg45).

You can argue for as long as you like about whether these "should" be standard or not in a car costing c£30k, but for whatever reason Audi has chosen not to make them standard so you do not have any recourse with the dealer unless you selected these options

Regards

John

btw your car is either an S-Line or an SE it cannot be both!

On the bill of sale for £36,000 it is quoted as an S-Line SE so I beleive it can be both as it has S-Line & SE equipment quoted in the brochure !
John

...btw your car is either an S-Line or an SE it cannot be both!

On the bill of sale for £36,000 it is quoted as an S-Line SE so I beleive it can be both as it has S-Line & SE equipment quoted in the brochure !
John

There is such a spec as S-Line Special Edition, which is not to be confused with the plainer SE.

Last edited:
+1 dan The SLine was introduced in the UK in October 2008 and last year an S Line SE (Special Edition) introduced which had 19in Y spokes, B&O noise and Bluetooth. This has now been deleted and an S Line Black Edition introduced with similar spec but different 19 inch wheels and tinted rear window. The A3 BE has been around for a while and it was no surprise to see Audi Marketing decide to introduce it on the A4 and A5 range too.
Hope this helps.