Facelift A45s vs RS3

8YARWY

Electric Avenue
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Riko0073
Yeah just been watching this, interesting how close it was especially under 100mph, not a bad performance for the old girl TBH!

Pre opf Gpf Rs3 model would of won that race.
Mixed comments on that video whether it was pre or post GPF, nonetheless we’ve seen the CarWow video showing there isn’t really anything in it so outcome likely the same but who’s worried about a 10th of a second here or there in the real world, there’s always something quicker and who know’s what’s under the bonnet tuning wise!

So, a more powerful, more modern car is faster (just) than an older, less powerful one.
I'm sure that this will be reversed with the next RS3 and then reversed again with the FL A45.......

+++Anyway, old man rant warning. Please stop reading now if you are in the first half of you life ++++

This is the first and last video that I will watch by this YouTube "celebrity".
He seems to fall into the same trap as other YouTubers such as the ones that, for reasons beyond my understanding, my 8 and 10 year olds insist on watching - generally other people playing computer games.
Why do these people insist on screaming all of the time? It was the same as the guy on Top Gear on Sunday (what was him name? FBI, BMI?..... Oh, KSI).
Do they scream because they lack the language skills (or should that be skilz?) to express themselves correctly or are they just trying to retain the nanosecond attention span of the mouth-breathers?

Sorry, old man rant over.

Reactions: Bonstio, FBF01, Count Drunkula and 1 other person
Jeeez.......cocoa and bed time I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Not surprised. Would have been incredible if Merc had released a new A45 that couldn’t beat the RS3. Next gen RS3 should right this wrong!

Reactions: Terminator x and Riko0073
What I wanna know is how tuneable is the 4pot Merc? It's squeezing a lot of power out of a 4 as it is. The 5 pot has MASSES of power still to unleash with tuning. I don't think a current RS3 will have much to worry about with a A45S. Plus the Merc looks too boy racer. pffff.....

Reactions: Bryant1998, Riko0073 and GW1
The merc may have won the speed side of the comp, but the RS wins sound wise:sunglasses:

Reactions: Riko0073 and GW1
Loses on launch, pulls back midrage and loses at the top. The new A45s would defo struggle against a pre opf RS3 as that launched better and pulled better at the top. So much for progress....

Reactions: FBF01 and Terminator x
Who cares.........want a faster accelerating car buy a faster accelerating car.
As for the price of that merc, way too much and imo simply not worth it. 4cyls, big turbo whoppee.

Pre opf Gpf Rs3 model would of won that race.

Loses on launch, pulls back midrage and loses at the top. The new A45s would defo struggle against a pre opf RS3 as that launched better and pulled better at the top. So much for progress....

Sorry to burst your bubble lads but that is a pre-OPF. Those black wheels aren't available on a sport back with a sunroof since 2018, nor were red callipers.

Reactions: Riko0073 and simonali
You can tell it has some miles on it, look at the brake discs.

Sorry to burst your bubble lads but that is a pre-OPF. Those black wheels aren't available on a sport back with a sunroof since 2018, nor were red callipers.

That would explain the difference in gap between this race and the Carwow run. Much closer here, almost nothing in it.

To me it looked like the RS3 launched a tad later on both runs. He didn't anticipate the slight delay that launch has, or he was just a little slow to react.

I'd like to see a non launch run between the two.

That would explain the difference in gap between this race and the Carwow run. Much closer here, almost nothing in it.

To me it looked like the RS3 launched a tad later on both runs. He didn't anticipate the slight delay that launch has, or he was just a little slow to react.

I'd like to see a non launch run between the two.
I wouldn’t say that, not really much in it with the CarWow test especially with the 2nd race when it was near neck and neck across the line.

I think we have to accept that that new A45s is just slightly quicker than the pre/post WLTP RS3, nothing to be ashamed of that’s just progress and a car with slightly more power.

I’m going stage 1 next week so no doubt faster than the A45s, then that goes stage 1 then probably edge it again, am I bothered...nope, there’s always a faster car and also a driver that has more balls to risk a pointless race on public roads.

I’m just happy to have a super fast car and enjoy that power when I need it ; )

Reactions: Enbarr, Bryant1998 and FBF01
I wouldn’t say that, not really much in it with the CarWow test especially with the 2nd race when it was near neck and neck across the line.

I think we have to accept that that new A45s is just slightly quicker than the pre/post WLTP RS3, nothing to be ashamed of that’s just progress and a car with slightly more power.

I’m going stage 1 next week so no doubt faster than the A45s, then that goes stage 1 then probably edge it again, am I bothered...nope, there’s always a faster car and also a driver that has more balls to risk a pointless race on public roads.

I’m just happy to have a super fast car and enjoy that power when I need it ; )

stage 1 is epic, enjoy!

Plus the fact that the Mercedes driver was the one saying go. Always fairer to have someone else doing it, like carwow do. (they never show a close up of that girl, do they?)

Plus the fact that the Mercedes driver was the one saying go. Always fairer to have someone else doing it, like carwow do. (they never show a close up of that girl, do they?)
Yeah I always think that, the driver counting down has a slight advantage.

So, a more powerful, more modern car is faster (just) than an older, less powerful one.
I'm sure that this will be reversed with the next RS3 and then reversed again with the FL A45.......

Hoping for a better than expected reveal with the new S3 this week. From the video released a couple weeks ago, it sounded like power is exactly the same, interior quality is down a notch, and the move to touchscreen like all the other new models. Please don't be horrible.

I wouldn’t say that, I think personally the 45s is a cracking looking car.
Inside looks quite nice and fresh, the sport seats look amazing and help to set the interior off nicely.
It’s just a shame that these cars have to comply with so many EU regulations including the infamous emissions law as somewhat taken the performance edge and sound away.

Reactions: 8YARWY