A4 Windscreen replacement and Camera re calibration

Gjjenna

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just been landed with the bad news my camera will need re calibrating when the crack screen is replaced to which I was then advised the cost in doing so

The car has matrix LED headlights and lane assist, can anyone advise if they have had their screen and calibration completed and, if so, who did the work and what was the result, I.e. No issues post calibration, at the moment the calibration of the camera will done by Auto Glass who advise they have the equipment to carry out such a task.

Any comments/advise much appreciated

Thanks

Jenna

Autoglass told me that they had the equipment to do it, what they didn't tell me was that I would have had an 80 mile round trip to where the equipment is. As it turned out, I didn't need it as I didn't have matrix lights. I've had no issues since the replacement without a calibration.

Autoglass told me that they had the equipment to do it, what they didn't tell me was that I would have had an 80 mile round trip to where the equipment is. As it turned out, I didn't need it as I didn't have matrix lights. I've had no issues since the replacement without a calibration.

Thanks Candell

I do have the Matrix lights so may have no choice!

Wish I got that chip repaired the next day now!

I had to have my windscreen replaced within a month of owning my A4. I have Matrix lights too. Autoglass did mine and the re-calibration, but I had to travel about 60 miles to Bedford to get it sorted. That said, they did an excellent job, and you wouldn't know that it was a replacement. I understand that they are making efforts to get the necessary equipment in more branches.

I had to have my windscreen replaced within a month of owning my A4. I have Matrix lights too. Autoglass did mine and the re-calibration, but I had to travel about 60 miles to Bedford to get it sorted. That said, they did an excellent job, and you wouldn't know that it was a replacement. I understand that they are making efforts to get the necessary equipment in more branches.

Thanks BeagleKCH

That's great to hear, my H/O is in MK so I will request the work be done in Bedford, do you have lane assist and traffic sign recognition too?

Did you have an original Audi screen installed?

Cheers

As far as I know it was an original screen. It certainly looked identical and I have had no issues in 30,000 miles. I don't have lane assist. The work takes about 3 hours.
They are at 69 Cardington Road, Bedford Saint John’s Centre Rope Walk, Bedford, MK42 0XE.

As far as I know it was an original screen. It certainly looked identical and I have had no issues in 30,000 miles. I don't have lane assist. The work takes about 3 hours.
They are at 69 Cardington Road, Bedford Saint John’s Centre Rope Walk, Bedford, MK42 0XE.

Great, thanks for the info, think I'm looking at £350 all in (including screen)

That surprises me. Most insurance policies have windscreen cover for something like a £75 excess. That's all it cost me.