A4 Warning Beep !

wigginer

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

You may recall just taken delivery of Audi A4 A4 3.0 Quattro Sport and have noticed on a couple of occasions when I've had to break hard that the car issues a warning beep. No warning symbols appears on the DIS which confuses me ... just the beep.

Anyone any thoughts? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I took a demo out that had park assist before I ordered my new car, it beeped (like a softer beep than a warning); I put it down to park assist..

[ QUOTE ]
that wigginer said:
[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
... had a toy with a 3.0 Avant at the weekend ... On acceleration I did loose him a bit ...

[/ QUOTE ]

He must'nt have been really trying ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He wishes, I don't think he knew that I was running more or less the same torque as an 3L A4, probably more infact!! Not only more torque but he was 2 up and it was an Avant, so on paper I should of beaten him and I did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
I don't think he knew that I was running more or less the same torque as an 3L A4, probably more infact!! Not only more torque but he was 2 up and it was an Avant, so on paper I should of beaten him and I did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's the torque profile on yours?

eh! I've made my 150th post does that mean anything ? ...

Gambba ... Are you a VAG-COM guru? If so is there an 'Idiots Guide' to using it?

ps. Still to study your torque profile ... but I'm still not convinced ...

Nope you get nought for 150 posts...maybe square eyes??

I'm definately no VAG-COM Guru and have only just started playing with mine on the laptop and PDA (Vag check).

You can download the complete user manual at Ross tech manual which will give you a full walkthrough on each of the functions.

Well you shouldn't need convincing it's all on paper
My A3T Output - 329 Nm @ 3212 rpm and 207 hp @ 5517 rpm
3.0 Q A4 Avant - 300 Nm @ 3200 rpm and 220 hp @ 6300 rpm

And given 7.0 ish seconds 0-60 for the A4 and 6.49 seconds for my A3T gives me on paper the edge, along with the extra 380 or so Kg the A4 has over me. So you can see that with a 3L Avant 2 up (And even driver only) on a dry day I should be the victor...as proven on the road.

Having said all of this, in the wet you'd be king if owning a Quattro, but if just a FWD (Not sure if available in the UK for 3.0L)then again i'd win.

Of course things would be a bit closer with the saloon version, such as yours.

[ QUOTE ]
that wigginer said:

Unless of course, he was in a Tiptronic! ... 0-62 mph 8.9 secs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, that bad in the Tiptronic??!!