A4 V6 Wagon project

Thanks for all the input guys. I've been looking at headlight alternatives and I'm toying with the idea of angel eyes, just for that early 2000's stylee:grin: will try to price everything up after Ultimate Dubs this weekend (anyone else going?).

I'll get a clip of the new exhaust tomorrow hopefully, it sounds nice, a bit refined compared to what I'm used to but it sounds good and doesn't drone on the motorway.

Here it is stashed elsewhere while there's slabs getting laid down at mine. Will finally be able to wash the car and not end up in a swamp!

Any further updates? That's not meant in an impatient way... I'm just excited to see where this project is going (although our tastes definitely differ when it comes to angel eyes haha!)

All the best!

Just fit facelift projectors will tidy it up enough or look at the black depo projectors although the projects arent as good as the oem valeo units.

Just fit facelift projectors will tidy it up enough or look at the black depo projectors although the projects arent as good as the oem valeo units.

Can't seem to find info online; are the front wings the same on a facelift B5? Found a facelift model breaking nearby and if I can replace my rusty front wings at the same time as the headlights that'd be a bonus!

Im unsure if they just bolt on, but if keeping PFL wings you need to cut the inner lip out at the indicators to fit FL lights.

Angel eyes?:scared2:
Yep, sorry!

Pretty marmite but I'm happy with them. Need a bit of adjusting yet to get them sitting properly but there's a good light off them without blinding people.

Could do with some advice when it comes to my next plans. I want to stiffen everything up and would like to know what to do first? Uprate the anti roll bars or just poly bushes (or new OEM ones) on everything? I'm not used to 'modern' cars so any advice appreciated. I know it won't handle like a go kart but I would like some tighter cornering!

Aren't you on coilovers already? Stiffer suspension on the road is just annoying as you crash over everything. Unless you are tracking it I honestly wouldn't bother

Theres stiff and theres tight ;)

Nice new oem bushes with tighten everything up and make a lot nicer to drive, by keeping the wheels pointing the way they should be. Quite different to putting rock hard coilovers on the car and crashing over every bump.

Chances are the bushes are original and are probably hanging out of it.

Cheers for the input, yes it's a Quattro.
I'll check the Bentley manual and get an idea of where to start. The rear control arm bushes were pretty nasty IIRC.

Jason at All German does a refresh kit for the rear of the quattros, which has all the bushes etc.

Reactions: Natan
Dare I admit that those lights look okay?!! I mean totally not my thing, but they work.... even more scary for me is that I've been looking at aftermarket headlights for my Bora too! I'm wondering if I've had some sort of neurological trauma as this post is just a contradictory mess of my opinion!

Anyway, keep it up chap, for some reason I really enjoy seeing this project and can't wait to see what you do next... Oh, and remember, never give a damn as to what anyone tells you to or not to do. Just do what you want to do, unless what you want to do is fit neon under-car lighting... never do that as it is not what anyone should do, even though I did do... but that was 2003. A crazy time, best forgotten :neutral:

Tally ho.

Reactions: Natan and AlexA4Avant
Due to a return to old Golfs as my main project, the car is now up for sale, or swap for a 1.8t B5 as I still love the cars and am a massive 1.8t fanboy.

Back to builder's van spec with the standard alloys too :tearsofjoy:

So, I shuffled my cars around and the A4 is no longer for sale. I sold the sensible daily mk3 golf so I'm back to scraping over bumps when I'm not walking to work and back!

The new short list is a Neuspeed 19mm rear ARB, and a nice set of wheels. The brakes need looking at too so I think I'll replace discs and pads when I decide on the new wheels.

Was thinking about 312mm front brakes too. Am I right in thinking I can use 312mm carriers from a Golf Mk4 and re-use my current calipers with a 312mm disc? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

yep, spot on with the 312 carriers. TT/S3/Some skodas and some A6's have the 312 brakes with suitable carriers as well.

Sound, cheers. I should be picking up a set at a show this Sunday coming. Will get pads, discs and flexis ordered shortly.
Currently carrying out a paint test on the replacement driver's wing so could be a colour change somewhere on the cards too!

Bear in mind, the S4 has different caliper spacing to the A4. You'll need to fit S4 uprights (or B6/A6 alloy ones) if you want to use the S4 calipers.

Bear in mind, the S4 has different caliper spacing to the A4. You'll need to fit S4 uprights (or B6/A6 alloy ones) if you want to use the S4 calipers.

Thanks for the heads up.
Are there any more complications due to mine being a pre-facelift or anything? Any info appreciated, I'm not too informed on Audi cross compatibility yet!

no other issues.

S4 uprights are a direct fit and are steel like your existing ones.

B6 or >2002 C5 A6 uprights are alloy, so are a bit lighter, but require a different lower front control arm.

The S4 calipers are really bulky things, cause a lot of wheel fitment issues and arent the best design of caliper. They wouldnt be my chosen upgrade.

Ok thanks. Arranged a pair of uprights too so will see how I get on.
I assume I should order flexis for the S4 calipers rather than my originals?

Found a pair of braided hoses for the front at a good price on eBay (HEL items). They're for S4/RS4, 2000-2001; I should be good to order these then?

My bad, hadn't read the ad properly. Found a decent set of braided lines elsewhere so I'll get them ordered and start soaking everything in WD-40...

Would Golf mk4 anniversary front 312's fit A4?

Sent from my Dog and Bone

Finally found a new set of wheels for the bus and popped them on!

Gave it a clean afterwards too. Can't believe 9.5s fit on the front so well!

Reactions: AlexA4Avant, crazy88 and VAG-Slag
Would love a set of them on my car would have the centre black and polished lips

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

should try and find a set of FL S4 rear calipers and carriers and upgrade the rear to vented. this is what I have done with mine along with the 312mm fronts it makes a nice difference.

Is it just the calipers and carriers you need for vents rears?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk