A4 upgrades!

Chrissso82

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Anyone know where I can get a B8.5 flatbottom steering wheel and gear knob from?
I want to change mine in my 2011 A4 avant.

Any ideas?

Contact the Sellers, U'll find there also selling it but Separately to make more money... There is also the Option to convert a Standard wheel to A FBSW and have it Recover to how u want it.. There's a Post floating about just now from someone who's did it..

Cool thanks.

Gear stick is proving a struggle, can’t find any in RHD.

Post in the Audi Classifieds Wanted section.. Might be ur lucky day.. Someone might have a FBSW Airbag and Gear Knob/stick for sale or know someone.

Reactions: Beanhead
Careful when doing/considering this upgrade. I looked into it for ages, read all the threads on this section about doing it etc. No guarantee that the airbag for the FBSW will work on the B8 platform. I believe B8 rectangle airbag is single stage whereas B8.5 FBSW airbag is dual stage? I decided it was too much hassle + not worth the risk in the end.

If you do decide to go ahead with it, please make sure you do all the research & you're confident that the airbag will work!

I have a used Audi A4 sline black edition Manual gear knob, Gaitor and surround for sale if interested. Pm and I can get you some pictures. @Chrissso82

Does anyone know the correct part number for the B8 flat bottom steering wheel please?

Also, is the B8 FBSW cross platform i.e. used on other Audi models? I keep seeing several other Audi cars with similar wheels but I'm not sure.

I have 3G basic so my wheel has extra buttons but just not flat bottom.

OP - are you upgrading from B8 to B8.5?

Careful when doing/considering this upgrade. I looked into it for ages, read all the threads on this section about doing it etc. No guarantee that the airbag for the FBSW will work on the B8 platform. I believe B8 rectangle airbag is single stage whereas B8.5 FBSW airbag is dual stage? I decided it was too much hassle + not worth the risk in the end.

If you do decide to go ahead with it, please make sure you do all the research & you're confident that the airbag will work!
Hey man,

I spoke with a firm in Sydney who claim to have done the switch over many times - no issues.

Reactions: Nitro_CR and Beanhead