A4 turbo check.

scotta4180

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm looking for some help and advice. :hi:

I've recently purchased a quattro sport 180 engine code AJL and im a little dissapointed with the performance. Can anyone tell me if it's a two stage boost turbo? Is there any valves that could get blocked? There is no kick-you-in-the-seat turbo surge. Am I right in saying the turbo on the engine is the KO3S?

Also I'm looking for some advice on where to get the car chipped. And any other performance increasing ideas! Last but not least, does anyone know where I can source a Votex front spoiler as mine is missing? :)

Any advice more than welcome. Thanks.
Scott

Single turbo = single boost!

Basic things to check are MAF, DV's, Fault Codes and do a pressure test.

The turbo is a K03, and i'm not sure in standard form if you would feel a kick-you-in-the-seat surge. The K03 is a pretty small turbo. A remap would definitely help.

Hi Scott,

I'm no mechanic, so I can't really tell you where to look for poss problems etc, but its quite possible that the performance you are experiencing is normal.

Depending what cars you are used to, the tqs doesn't really 'kick' you anywhere. The turbo perf is quite progessive. The other guys will be able to fill you in on the tech details.

I was a wee bit dissapointed with the standard performance, but I was comming from 300+bhp. The tqs is good for what it is, but there are a few things you can do the improve matters.

I fitted a full milltek exhaust sys and the difference was almost night and day. I had mine fitted at Star Performance and Jim actually asked if the car had been chipped after he drove it (its still standard). On his dyno it showed almost 190BHP and 190 lb/ft :icon_thumright:

Im looking to chip it now, and I'm thinking of going to Awesome for an APR map. Did send them an e-mail earlier in the week, but haven't heard anything yet.

Where are you located?

Regards,

N

Hello again.

I live in York. Ive come from a dirty passat 130 tdi. i guess im missing the low down torque. Was the Milltec sys costly? Im thinking of a re-map as well. There is that much info out there its hard to choose.

Scott :lmfao: