1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 tfsi idle misfire

Ollie454 Jan 30, 2018

1. Ollie454

Ollie454 New Member

Really having trouble with my a4 b7 tfsi, I am still getting a misfire only on idle, have changed coilpacks spark plugs, pcv valve and also done a compression test. I am running out of ideas of what it can be only fault code that comes up on scanner was misfire cylinder 3 and I believe it also said fuel lean at low revs, only other thing I could think of is a injector, but want to make sure before I take whole inlet off. Any ideas?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. QuattroCalum

QuattroCalum Well-Known Member saloon Audi A4 Black Edition Saloon Manual

Carbon fouling the inlet valves, common problem on tfsi engines it happens because the fuel is directly injected into the cylinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Ollie454

Ollie454 New Member

That would cause a misfire?

5. QuattroCalum

The carbon build up can restrict air flow into the cylinder disrupting fuelling adaptation or even prevent the valve from closing fully.
    https://goo.gl/images/x4pLDF

6. Ollie454

Ollie454 New Member

Is there a way to clean without taking the inlet off?

7. QuattroCalum

Not properly no, any fuel additives will never see the inlet manifold or valves. Walnut blasting seems to be popular.

8. Ollie454

Ollie454 New Member

If inlet has to come off anyway may as well send injectors off to be tested and cleaned at the same time

9. Oliver Smith

Oliver Smith New Member

Still having problems with the car

10. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Team Imola TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

I recently had the same problem with my S3 tfsi engine and did all you have done but then i bit the bullet and got the walnut clean done and car runs perfectly . Do you get the needle moving slightly when just sitting like as if it was breathing if so then do a vacumm test as you have a slight leak somewhere normally at the pcv maybe a Oring perished on one off the pipes heading into pcv