A4 TDI Avant lowering / springs

Reaction score
Hi All So Im new tot he AVANT world with an SE and want to lower it on either Sline springs or similar.

The car has covered 85K and the dampers seem ok but the car is so Boaty at speed. Its our Family work horse so I don't want to lower it too much or indeed spend too much £ on it (That's what my S3 is for) so I was hoping to get the springs over the standard shocks.

- Do the S line and SE share the same shock?
- Is about 20mm about right in terms of lowering with the S line springs?
- Does anyone have a set of standard S line springs or similar and or dampers for sale?

To be honest the s-Line suspension is a little lower but has a rubbish ride quality

I would recommend some bilstein b8 shocks and eibach springs. Is a much better ride and slightly lower than sLine

Thanks,

Agreed as that is the same as I am fitting to my S3, but as above I need a low cost option for improving the ride height a little and stiffening the ride slightly. I don't expect it to be a great handling car as I don't need it to be.

As said the S line setup sits slightly lower than SE equipment. Apparently adding lowering springs to SE shocks can cause some issues though, the s line ones are red so thats one way to identify them without part numbers.

I went for eibach sportline lowering springs and the drop is great and ride is improved too, i also intend to upgrade to B8 shocks

Bilstein b8s and lowering springs are a great combo but could exceed you budget at around £500-600 mark for a complete setup of shocks and springs.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
As said the S line setup sits slightly lower than SE equipment. Apparently adding lowering springs to SE shocks can cause some issues though, the s line ones are red so thats one way to identify them without part numbers.

I went for eibach sportline lowering springs and the drop is great and ride is improved too, i also intend to upgrade to B8 shocks

Bilstein b8s and lowering springs are a great combo but could exceed you budget at around £500-600 mark for a complete setup of shocks and springs.

A before and after of my Avant
IMG 20180302 22295

IMG 20190607 44554

I only fitted the fronts as my rear sat lower anyway. The eibach sportline lowering specs quote drop spec from se suspension setups too i believe

Reactions: Charlie Farley