A4 TDI 170 Help!!!!!!!

keets

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I own a 2006 audi a4 tdi sline 170 which has covered 62k miles. After having the dreaded dpf warning light come on I decided to have it removed and a stage 2 remap. I was over the moon with the map the only problem being it had a mis/judder under load, this was rectified with a new fuel filter. Around 4 weeks after this I was in the car and on a motorway slip road noticed a slight hesitation under load, I never felt it again and forgot about it.

Last week I've gone out in the car and couldn't believe how flat it felt, there was no bottom end power whatsoever when the turbo span it set off as normal. The change was quite drastic I was planting my foot to the floor and all that was happening was loads of black smoke coming from the exhaust. I've had the car in the garage for over a week now and the guys at a loss as to what's wrong with it, there's not fault codes and he assures me that he's checked everything over he initially told me that it was the turbo which he's changed to no avail. He's now suggesting its something mechanical in the engine and needs to inspect. He also told me that the timing belt had skipped a tooth and although he retired it to correct settings it still has no low end power and tons of smoke.has anyone any advice /experience as I'm worried the engine is fudged.

If the EGR goosed it will throw the car into limp mode. No power and could explain the black smoke and lumpy running

If the EGR goosed it will throw the car into limp mode. No power and could explain the black smoke and lumpy running

No engine management light on or limp home mode, just has no low end power and tons of black smoke

Would still check the EGR tho buddy - theres a how to on how to clean it

You had a DPF delete done with the stage 2 map? If so all the diagnostics for the pressure sensors etc have been turned off. Even if there is a fault with them or the car is trying to re-gen there will now be no fault code. The DPF removal doesn't stop all the function of the DPF system from working it just doesn't re-gen.

Best of luck