A4 TDI 130 Power loss

Thommo

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Newbie here and In need of some advice....

Recently bought myself a 51 plate A4 1.9TDI 130 sport, full service history etc. Car was running fine until recently everytime I change gear my car loses power for about 1 or 2 secs then takes off like a rocket? This happens whether I change gear between 1500 to 2000 rpm or higher.

Not sure if it could be the MAF sensor or maybe turbo on the way out? Any help would be appreciated... :) Couldnt find anything on the net relating to the problem... :(

Also this doesnt happen all the time. Can happen for a day then stop for a few then happens again?!

Cheers
Daniel

sounds like sticky turbo vanes, they suffer a build up of soot which prevents the vanes from moving smoothly to open position hence the delay then all the boost at once. there are 2 options really to sort this, the first is to remove and send away to be cleaned and refurbed,the second is a chemical clean which has mixed results and not forced to work, however there is a growing amount of people especially in the us where they use a bbq cleaner have a read of this http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=246287&page=6. i would first have a fault scan first and go from there

Reactions: Thommo
That's great! I'll take a look at the thread and hopefully I can get this sorted! :)

Still goes past the 3krpm. I had a sneaky suspision it wasnt the MAF as I had a problem with a MAF on my old MK5 Golf and it just killed the power...

clean the tirbo vanes firstly m8 mr muscle oven foam cleaner...... search the thread m8 and be carefull with it... skin eyes etc

To test MAF, unplug it and drive the car. Uses a default set of values when disconnected. If problem goes away, then it is the MAF.