A4 Sport TFS Manual Flywheel needs to be changed

jay333

Reaction score
Hi @all. Hope You will be fine. i have recently bought an approved used a4 sport tfsi manual but when i drove back home, i realized there is something wrong with cluth. i phoned Audi, they are gonna change flywheel of it. But i want ask you guys a sincere advice does it worth to buy a used Audi a4 with 31k mileage only and flywheel is damaged. i still am in my cooling off period and can return car.
Note: That's my 1st Audi car, i was a Toyota driver.

If that's on a B9 with 31k only, I'd be concerned & ask they check the box completely as if they're doing the flywheel, then its of, so access is gained for other parts.

I have spoken to parts manager and he said the main issue is with the gear box hence the clutch is not smooth. So once the new flywheel is fitted in then automatically the clutch will become smooth as both gear box and clutch are connected. This car is 2017 model, I had forgotten to mention.
What else do you recommend I should ask them?

I would say clutch & flywheel need doing, its kinda pointless taking it all apart then to change the flywheel to find its still happening & a clutch is needed.

Tell them to do both as if ones ********, bet other has more wear or an issue.

Reactions: jay333
Definitely do clutch. You’re taking out the box. Common sense to do both at the same time if you’re doing the job.

Reactions: jay333
My clutch and flywheel was replaced under warranty at around 28,000 miles. I’ve now done 75,000 miles, all good

Reactions: WesT-gefül
I got my car with less than 20k on the clock and it had clutch judder and a dodgy flywheel. Not noticeable on the small test drive I was allowed to do.

the garage I bought it from changed the clutch and the flywheel and it’s like a different car now. Way better to drive. I was told they have done a few clutch and flywheel changes on the manual A4’s but once they are changed they seem to last as they should.