A4 Saloon Special Editions 3.0 TDI Quattro Black Edition 4dr S Tronic [Tech]

The Real Big Vern

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum so please be gentle!

I have just ordered my second Audi, having previously owned an A5 Black Edition when first released in the UK, but subsequently owned a different make for the past 6 years.

I have this week ordered the car in the title and need to decide on the suspension - sports or comfort.

I have had lower back issues in the past, indeed surgery to fix it, but all ok for a number of years now, but the current vehicle is a very comfy 4x4 SUV so not a harsh ride at all.

My concern is the sports suspension as standard may just be too much for the UK pot hole roads but also I dont want to have a lovely looking car, spoilt by too much gap in the wheel arches.

I have gone for the 19" wheels.

Is the sports suspension that hard and if so, does the comfort suspension make the wheels look a bit lost?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi, welcome.
Have you considered the adaptive sport suspension option?
I have it on my A4 with 18's and it means you can change to suit your mood.
Of course it does cost an extra 600 quid...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: tickedon, Daggerit and And1
Personally I don't find the sports suspension too hard at all, however I have the 18" wheels, but I would have thought 19" would..

I don't understand that fear for wheel arch gaps. Those cars are road barges, not mid-engine lightweight track weapons.

If image is important, then oversized wheels on slammed suspension is the enemy as it looks more council than motorsport anyway.

Reactions: NoParticularPlaceToGo
I previously owned Land Rovers with very soft suspension. When I bought my Audi with sports suspension, I really struggled with back pain for several weeks - not helped by ‘uncomfortable seats’. Now several months later, I love it - so it depends what you’re used to and what type of driving you do. I mostly cruise the motorways so it’s less of an issue.