A4/S4 Front wing/sill corrosion

Gavin0478

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Have any of you owners come across this as an s4 im interested in has this being repaired under warranty/recall.The vehicle has come from Scotland where apparently this is a common issue????cheers

would need to see a pic. i had what i thought was corrosion but it was actually industrial fallout i.e. small particles of metal (grinding dust) that had started to corrode and looked like rust body work. a clean and valet using ironX git rid of it. chuck on a pic and i will give my best guess.

Have any of you owners come across this as an s4 im interested in has this being repaired under warranty/recall.The vehicle has come from Scotland where apparently this is a common issue????cheers

I had the exact same issue, just on the bottom of both wings where they meet the sill. Couple of days in Audi and you would never know. Car is 3 year old which is a bit **** but hey ho these things happen, its how there rectified that counts!

Oh, I live in Scotland but not sure how this makes any difference.

Stu

something to do with the weather and amount of salt used as it sits between the wing and sill and corrodes them the dealer was saying and apparently Scotland is where the issues lay.at least i can relax a little now lol and the one im looking at is 2 and a bit years old.dealer suggested flaps as they fill the gap.

would need to see a pic. i had what i thought was corrosion but it was actually industrial fallout i.e. small particles of metal (grinding dust) that had started to corrode and looked like rust body work. a clean and valet using ironX git rid of it. chuck on a pic and i will give my best guess.

when i bought my focus st in white noticed these tiny specs of rust on the roof boot lid after a few weeks,went back to the dealers and was told that the cars have been transported by rail and these specs are small particles of metal off the trains wheels under braking going airbourne and settling onto the bodywork.

Yup. Sounds like fall out. Take the car to a GOOD high end valeter and ask them to do an IRON X or similar decontamination wash on the whole car. Mine was the same. I am offshore so cant post pics. THe whole bonnet area was covered with rust specks. These were down to tiny metal particles sitting on the paint. They start t rust and look like the car is corroding. I had mine decontaminated by AMDetails in Elgin. Alan had the car for a day and when i got it back it was like new. Not a spec anywhere. He would give you great advice if you call him and mention the decontam he did on my white Audi. He would guide you as to what t ask for. He is a good bloke. If you call him tell him Kev with the White A4 told you to ring. His details are on his website. AMDetails.

Check these out. Similar to this?

rust007.jpg

rust006.jpg

rust005.jpg

rust001.jpg