A4/S4 B8.5 MY16 Info/Rumour Thread

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought this may be of interest to those about to order / already ordered a new B8.5 A4/S4

Anyone have any info/rumours on the MY16 changes to the B8.5 A4/S4 then? :think:

Reactions: Lastkill21
OK. So I mean the new model is on it's way!

We have already seen the start of special models to tempt us to help them sweat the current tooling. Expect lots of low cost added "extras" to keep the punters happy with the old shape for a little longer.

Ill be keeping an eye on this, thanks BH for making it:applaus:

Reactions: Bristle Hound
MY16 updates for A4 released by Audi today

A4 model year 2015/16 changes
01 April 2015

Improved spec and options plus a new ultra model
AU0338-15

The A4 is being significantly refreshed for model year 2016 (MY16) from build week 22 with improved specifications and a new ultra variant.

Highlights:

• Navigation now standard across the range (excluding SE and allroad)
  • SE Technik specification upgraded
  • New Rotor grey interior on S Line
  • New 2.0 TDI 136PS ultra model

A4 Saloon and Avant will continue as model year 2015 production, but with a version change. A4 allroad will have MY16 production from week 22.

Navigation standard across the range (excluding SE and allroad) with 75 per cent customer value

MMI Navigation Plus (PNQ) is now standard specification on S Line, Black Edition, S4 and allroad Sport. Together with SE Technik, this now means the majority of the range has navigation as standard. The only models excluded are Saloon and Avant SE and allroad standard.

Prices have increased by £350 on the models with navigation now standard. Despite this moderate price increase, the specification upgrade still has a customer value of £1,100 (75 per cent). Click here for full pricing information.

Trim names have been updated to reflect the upgrade and so these models can easily be identified for ordering and resale. The new trim names are:

• S Line Nav
  • Black Edition Nav
  • S4 Nav
  • S4 Black Edition Nav
  • Allroad Sport Nav

Technology pack (WB7) has been discontinued because of this specification upgrade. MMI Navigation Plus (PNQ) is now offered as an individual option for SE and allroad, priced at £1,500. The other contents of Technology Pack (WB7) will continue to be offered as individual options at the current price.

Technology Pack Advanced (PCB) continues to be offered but without the contents of the outgoing Technology Pack (WB7) and at a lower price.

Option

Total RRP

Standard

Available optional

MMI Navigation Plus (PNQ)

£1,500

SE Technik
S Line Nav
Black Edition Nav
S4 Nav
S4 Black Editon Nav
Alllroad Sport Nav

SE (Saloon & Avant)

Allroad standard

Technology Pack (WB7)

Discontinued

Technology Pack Advanced (PCB) includes: Audi Parking System Plus, Adaptive Cruise Control, Audi active lane assist

£625

SE Technik
Black Edition Nav
S4 Black Edition Nav

£950

SE
S Line Nav
Allroad
allroad Sport Nav
S4 Nav

Audi Music Interface (UF7)

£255

SE Technik
Black Edition Nav

SE
S Line Nav
Allroad
Allroad Sport Nav
S4 Nav
S4 Black Edition Nav

Audi parking system plus (7X4)

£325

SE Technik
Black Edition Nav

SE
S Line Nav
allroad
allroad Sport Nav
S4 Nav
S4 Black Edition Nav

SE Technik specification upgrade
All SE Technik models have a new single-frame front radiator grille with chrome horizontal bars, replacing the current grille with black bars. The change adds to the premium appeal of this derivative.

New Rotor grey interior on S Line
Rotor Grey will now be offered as an optional upgrade (at no extra cost) for S Line Nav and Black Edition Nav. Rotor grey is available in Fine Nappa leather only with contrast stitching. We’re offering it because of strong customer demand for an alternative to black.

New 2.0 TDI 136PS ultra model
The launch of the EU6 2.0 TDI 136PS engine means there are now two ultra models on A4 Saloon and Avant offering the lowest CO2 emissions and most economical fuel consumption in the range.

The new EU6 TDI 136PS ultra engine is available on SE and SE Technik. It benefits from CO2 reduction of up to 4g versus the outgoing EU5 TDIe 136PS engine. As a result, models with this engine have improved from 21 per cent to 20 per cent in terms of Benefit-in-kind (BiK) bandings. Company car drivers paying 40 per cent tax will save up to £120 per year with the new 136PS EU6 ultra model.*

*based on A4 Avant SE Technik 136PS TDI ultra (113g/km, 20 per cent BiK) v TDIe 136PS (116g/km, 21 per cent BiK).

Amending orders
Detailed information about conversions and price protection for A4 MY15 orders with or without PNQ MMI Navigation Plus will be published as soon as it’s available. For all other A4 changes, including the new EU6 engine, discontinued items, pricing and tyre clustering information, click here.

Price and spec guides
An updated PDF version of the A4 price and specification guide will be available on Desktop when MY16 models are opened for ordering. Printed versions of the new guides will be auto-issued as soon as they are in stock.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, silentbrown and scotty76
thanks! As my car has slipped a week and is now week 22, I need to have some words with my dealer :)

I've just spoken to my sales lady. She's about to go into an update meeting on the new mmodel year specs, and my files is one of the one's she taking in. I've ordered the discontinued technology package, so I'm waiting to see how much of my budget will be freed up. Who knows, if I sacrifice the other elements of the package that haven't been standardised, it might free up enough cash for a sports diff.

Reactions: desertstorm
Who knows, if I sacrifice the other elements of the package that haven't been standardised, it might free up enough cash for a sports diff.

Hmm.. S4 BE saloon already includes AMI and Parking, so it's really *just* Navigation. So nothing to sacrifice, I think.

I'll still want park sensors on my Avant, but not at all sure about AMI, because I'm pretty sure that the SD card readers, jukebox and bluetooth audio streaming are all standard without it. I have it on my current car, but just to stick an enormous flash drive into!

You're right about the AMI and parking. If so, then I figure I'm freeing up £765, which should, give or take a few quid, cover the cost of hill-hold assist, main beam assist and a sports diff.

Reactions: scotty76
I just have an SD card full of music in mine. Works for me. :) There's also some kind of Aux socket under the arm rest that I've never tried.

Jeff, I spec'd sports diff as it was one of the unique features of the S4/S5 and I worried I'd be missing out. I can't tell you whether it makes a massive difference or not but glad I added it.

MY16 updates for A4 released by Audi today

A4 model year 2015/16 changes
01 April 2015

Improved spec and options plus a new ultra model
AU0338-15

The A4 is being significantly refreshed for model year 2016 (MY16) from build week 22 with improved specifications and a new ultra variant.

Highlights:

• Navigation now standard across the range (excluding SE and allroad)
  • SE Technik specification upgraded
  • New Rotor grey interior on S Line
  • New 2.0 TDI 136PS ultra model

A4 Saloon and Avant will continue as model year 2015 production, but with a version change. A4 allroad will have MY16 production from week 22.

cid:image001.png@01D06D2A.34B55F20
Navigation standard across the range (excluding SE and allroad) with 75 per cent customer value

MMI Navigation Plus (PNQ) is now standard specification on S Line, Black Edition, S4 and allroad Sport. Together with SE Technik, this now means the majority of the range has navigation as standard. The only models excluded are Saloon and Avant SE and allroad standard.

Prices have increased by £350 on the models with navigation now standard. Despite this moderate price increase, the specification upgrade still has a customer value of £1,100 (75 per cent). Click here for full pricing information.

Trim names have been updated to reflect the upgrade and so these models can easily be identified for ordering and resale. The new trim names are:

• S Line Nav
  • Black Edition Nav
  • S4 Nav
  • S4 Black Edition Nav
  • Allroad Sport Nav

Technology pack (WB7) has been discontinued because of this specification upgrade. MMI Navigation Plus (PNQ) is now offered as an individual option for SE and allroad, priced at £1,500. The other contents of Technology Pack (WB7) will continue to be offered as individual options at the current price.

Technology Pack Advanced (PCB) continues to be offered but without the contents of the outgoing Technology Pack (WB7) and at a lower price.

Option

Total RRP

Standard

Available optional

MMI Navigation Plus (PNQ)

£1,500

SE Technik
S Line Nav
Black Edition Nav
S4 Nav
S4 Black Editon Nav
Alllroad Sport Nav

SE (Saloon & Avant)

Allroad standard

Technology Pack (WB7)

Discontinued

Technology Pack Advanced (PCB) includes: Audi Parking System Plus, Adaptive Cruise Control, Audi active lane assist

£625

SE Technik
Black Edition Nav
S4 Black Edition Nav

£950

SE
S Line Nav
Allroad
allroad Sport Nav
S4 Nav

£255

SE Technik
Black Edition Nav

SE
S Line Nav
Allroad
Allroad Sport Nav
S4 Nav
S4 Black Edition Nav

£325

SE Technik
Black Edition Nav

SE
S Line Nav
allroad
allroad Sport Nav
S4 Nav
S4 Black Edition Nav

SE Technik specification upgrade

All SE Technik models have a new single-frame front radiator grille with chrome horizontal bars, replacing the current grille with black bars. The change adds to the premium appeal of this derivative.

New Rotor grey interior on S Line

Rotor Grey will now be offered as an optional upgrade (at no extra cost) for S Line Nav and Black Edition Nav. Rotor grey is available in Fine Nappa leather only with contrast stitching. We’re offering it because of strong customer demand for an alternative to black.

New 2.0 TDI 136PS ultra model
The launch of the EU6 2.0 TDI 136PS engine means there are now two ultra models on A4 Saloon and Avant offering the lowest CO2 emissions and most economical fuel consumption in the range.

The new EU6 TDI 136PS ultra engine is available on SE and SE Technik. It benefits from CO2 reduction of up to 4g versus the outgoing EU5 TDIe 136PS engine. As a result, models with this engine have improved from 21 per cent to 20 per cent in terms of Benefit-in-kind (BiK) bandings. Company car drivers paying 40 per cent tax will save up to £120 per year with the new 136PS EU6 ultra model.*

*based on A4 Avant SE Technik 136PS TDI ultra (113g/km, 20 per cent BiK) v TDIe 136PS (116g/km, 21 per cent BiK).

Amending orders
Detailed information about conversions and price protection for A4 MY15 orders with or without PNQ MMI Navigation Plus will be published as soon as it’s available. For all other A4 changes, including the new EU6 engine, discontinued items, pricing and tyre clustering information, click here.

Price and spec guides
An updated PDF version of the A4 price and specification guide will be available on Desktop when MY16 models are opened for ordering. Printed versions of the new guides will be auto-issued as soon as they are in stock.
@JordanQuattro - Thanks for info buddy :thumbs up:

Looks like at BW20 I'm gonna miss out on the MY16 free nav. Do like something for nowt me! :laugh:

BUT I didn't spec it so I won't miss it :thumbs up:
A4 Saloon and Avant will continue as model year 2015 production, but with a version change.

I can always live it hope I suppose, but I have a feeling all the changes regardless will be effective BW22 :(

Wonder how I can mess with my order to get it put back 2 weeks ... :think: :D

Could be another call to Audi CS on Tuesday :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Stupid question but how does this affect me im sure am build week 22.

all the above facts have blown my mind ;) could you dummy it down for me ?

As an option i have the tech pack

Stupid question but how does this affect me im sure am build week 22.

all the above facts have blown my mind ;) could you dummy it down for me ?

As an option i have the tech pack
@Lastkill21 - BW22 = free MMI Navigation Plus ! :jump:

If your in any doubt contact your supplying Dealer my friend :thumbs up:

£255

SE Technik
Black Edition Nav

SE
S Line Nav
Allroad
Allroad Sport Nav
S4 Nav
S4 Black Edition Nav

£325

SE Technik
Black Edition Nav

SE
S Line Nav
allroad
allroad Sport Nav
S4 Nav
S4 Black Edition Nav
This reads to me that AMI & Parking system plus are NO longer standard on S4 BE's :think:

@Lastkill21 - BW22 = free MMI Navigation Plus ! :jump:

If your in any doubt contact your supplying Dealer my friend :thumbs up:

This reads to me that AMI & Parking system plus are NO longer standard on S4 BE's :think:

Sorry, i copy and pasted it on my phone from Audi Desktop.

Below should clear it up

Upload 2015 4 2 21 30 28

Reactions: Bristle Hound and jdp1962
I've tried to attach the PDF of all MY16 A4 changes...Hope it works! Still getting used to how to used the forum

Attachments

• Model year 2016 changes by model_635635059886119753.pdf
    171.3 KB · Views: 278
Reactions: Bristle Hound and jdp1962
Ok, so does that mean that on the S4 BE, the sat nav has been added, but the AMI and parking plus have been taken off?

Really sorry but a really stupid question, what do i say to them this is all new to me i dont want to speak to them and look stupid or be fobbed off.

Any help would be appreciated ;)

Really sorry but a really stupid question, what do i say to them this is all new to me i dont want to speak to them and look stupid or be fobbed off.

Any help would be appreciated ;)
Hey, it's not a stupid question if you don't know the answer, and if you think about it, the same applies to contacting Audi about the model year spec update. The situation's changed, and you're not sure how it affects you. The dealer should be expecting your call

I rang my dealer yesterday as soon as I read this thread. Far from looking stupid, it made me look alert and switched on. Just call them up and ask how it will affect your order. They should then work through your file and let you know.

Reactions: scotty76
A few points I've noticed

All A4/S4 Saloon & Avant (except the AllRoad) will remain a MY15 designate & NOT carry over after BW22 to MY16

Brilliant red no longer available on the A4 Saloon & Avant (no longer available on MY16 A5's either)

2.0TDI 177hp engine now becomes 190hp with change over to EU6 emission regs (S4 running EU6 since MY15 inception)

S4 S-tronic gets new smaller chrome gearshift paddles

Rotor grey wheels to be available on S-line & S-line BE as a no cost option

S-Line / S-line BE & S4 / S4 BE will come with MMI nav plus (PNQ) as standard
The nav policy I find a bit strange TBH

MMI nav plus (on a S4) - £1115
Minus £350 price increase
Minus £325 Parking system plus (which has now gone from being standard to a cost option on BE's)
Minus £255 AMI (again which has now gone from being standard to a cost option on BE's)

So in effect your £185 better off on a post BW22 car! Bizarre!

I am sure this will be more clear when some of the post BW22 order'ers will be getting info back from their respective supplying Dealers

Personally for me, I never ordered nav with my S4 so doesn't really mpact on my order at all
& yes I appreciate all orders already in won't be effected by the £350 price increase as long as you have a manufactures order number and provisional BW. You guys are in effect are £535 better off

I should know on Tuesday how the changes affect me. Either way, I'm tweaking the order by dropping AMI and swapping from phone prep high to low to fund a sports diff.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I should know on Tuesday how the changes affect me. Either way, I'm tweaking the order by dropping AMI and swapping from phone prep high to low to fund a sports diff.
Be interesting to here what the Dealers say

Sounds like a plan Jeff :thumbs up:

You need to put that brochure down my friend :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Surely they could have finally fitted a glove compartment light as standard for the B8's swansong year.......
..... or even a locking glovebox without having to resort to paying for the storage pack option to get one :banghead:

My B6 A4 SE had a locking glovebox and interior light pack on it as standard fit items

..... or even a locking glovebox without having to resort to paying for the storage pack option to get one :banghead:

My B6 A4 SE had a locking glovebox and interior light pack on it as standard fit items

Ditto....my B7 was the same. I know I am not alone by any means, but it is all the more stupid that two of the most expensive options (i.e leather and satnav) are now standard on most models, yet the glovebox light and lock are still extras.

I must visit Ingolstadt and find out what the people who make these decisions are smoking....it must be good stuff....

My B6 SE had a locking glovebox right up to the day I tried to swap the lock over to the new glovebox I bought to fix a broken hinge problem. As I prised the lock cylinder out of its housing, all its innards pinged out on to my drive, never to be seen again. Thereafter, it was a non-locking glovebox.

Reactions: benjie
First post, refugee from Pistonheads.
I have spent the last five months looking for a MB C63 about 1-2 years old with the right spec. Not a particularly rewarding experience mainly due to main dealers who do not know their cars very well. I always had reservations about keeping one on the road and out of the hedges in the area where I live, especially in winter so decided to call it a day and look elsewhere.
For some obscure reason I started to look at RS4s which revealed the existence of the S4 and Avant, the spec of which lookded very promising. I pushed a couple of examples through the Audi configurator and walked into my local dealer the day after. I walked out with a good deal on a new S4 BE Avant and must have made the salesperson's day because it was an easy sale just matching a quote I had from another main dealer through a broker at the weekend.
That was the 30th March, two days before the spec change and I am now waiting to hear what will happen to my order as I had included the technology package as an option. I contacted the dealer yesterday and was told they were working through the orders but even they were still missing some of the pricing info so it might be a few days.
I will post an update as soon as I get the order finalised and I hope this all works out well because an Audi will complete my buying tour round all the major German manufacturers.

Reactions: Keef
Welcome to ASN @alxce; hope you like it here. I'll be updating my order thread as soon as I hear from the dealer (I'm hoping that'll be tomorrow); make sure you do the same. Have you got a build week yet?

Hi & thanks for the welcome. No build week yet and I don't really want it until July when I finish a course of medical treatment. If it comes earlier I won't complain, it just won't get used much.

First post, refugee from Pistonheads.
I have spent the last five months looking for a MB C63 about 1-2 years old with the right spec. Not a particularly rewarding experience mainly due to main dealers who do not know their cars very well. I always had reservations about keeping one on the road and out of the hedges in the area where I live, especially in winter so decided to call it a day and look elsewhere.
For some obscure reason I started to look at RS4s which revealed the existence of the S4 and Avant, the spec of which lookded very promising. I pushed a couple of examples through the Audi configurator and walked into my local dealer the day after. I walked out with a good deal on a new S4 BE Avant and must have made the salesperson's day because it was an easy sale just matching a quote I had from another main dealer through a broker at the weekend.
That was the 30th March, two days before the spec change and I am now waiting to hear what will happen to my order as I had included the technology package as an option. I contacted the dealer yesterday and was told they were working through the orders but even they were still missing some of the pricing info so it might be a few days.
I will post an update as soon as I get the order finalised and I hope this all works out well because an Audi will complete my buying tour round all the major German manufacturers.
Hi & :welcome!: to Audi-sport.net!

What colour / spec have you gone for?

Don't forget to start your own thread. Much easier to keep all your own S4 info in one place :thumbs up:

Seem to be a few of us waiting for new S4 saloons and Avant ;)

Anybody managed to order a 'new spec' yet? My dealer is still telling me they're not available to order yet, even though we've agreed the deal. A4 Avant BE+ Nav.

Im booked into my dealer at 9am saturday to sort my order out, Will keep you posted :)

My new spec is with the dealer and he is waiting for the Audi systems to be updated before he can submit it. I have been trying to understand why they would make the spec changes known on April 1 but not update the systems. As I was offered the choice of staying with my order as MY15 I can only assume it's to cater for those who take that option.

Just spoke to mine - he's said ordering won't be possible until around 4 weeks time, with earliest delivery being on a 65 plate (2.0 TFSI).