A4 rear speakers not working after stereo install.

burnzdog

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times, I have just installed a sony stereo in my 02 audi A4 but now the rear speakers dont work. I know this is a common problem but I would like to know whether this is a easy fix? Stereo is a MEX-BT3900U.

Im using the loom that came with the stereo although I had to *******ise it slightly to add both the Yellow and Red cable from the audi to the red going into the Sony.

Help greatly appreciated.

You will need an autoleads adaptor loom. The back speakers are amped and without the loom, the factory amp/sub wont turn on hence no sound from the rear speakers.
You will also need an aerial booster or your radio reception will be rubbish.

and you'll need to fade to rear quite a bit to balance the sound as you will now have over twice as much power going to the fronts from the sony

I know this is an old thread but has anyone got a link to the loom? I've had a look and cant find it :(

Look up Enfig Audio in the US, I had a complete wiring kit for my Pioneer head unit. They will supply everything you need even a supply a loom specific to your head unit. No cutting or joining of wires and they can deliver within about 3 days. If you are struggling just give them a call and speak to Christian and he'll tell you exactly what you need. They also have some great installation videos on youtube for the A4/S4

Cheers will go look them up now and check YouTube too

Yeah i'm going to need one, ThiefFords want £16.99 for exactly the same thing and i hate giving them money lol