porker968

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
1.jpg
DSC_0272.jpg
DSC_0276.jpg
DSC_0284.jpg

yep, also at the Paris show, Audi chairman Prof. Dr. Martin Winterkorn announced that the production version of the Pikes Peak concept would be known as the Q7, a naming decision that probably has hackles raised at Infiniti. "The letter Q denotes a new type family within our company, alongside A, S and RS. The 7 indicates that it is positioned between the A6 and A8," explained Prof. Winterkorn in a release, perhaps as an early defense in the seemingly inevitable exchange of legal letters. The five-door, seven-seater Q7 will be Audi's first SUV.

the pike peaks concept was amazing!!! I can't believe there going to actually produce it! What was the engine of the concept? V8 400bhp or something close? I don't remember! Anyways, I'm already anxious to see it!

G

)[ QUOTE ]
drum said:
In these pictures, the new A4 B7 looks quite different from the earlier publicity shots and I have to say it looks very fresh, sleek and modern. Andy, did you take any shots of the A4 Avant in S4 format, assuming there's one there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Drum, I totally agree! In these pics, the A4 looks much nicer than the previous pics!

Andy, the "Q7" is absolutly stunning... I'm excited to see it on the road! If all is well, I might consider buying one...(I hope I'll have the money for it though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

G

Drum, I got several more pics of the A4 (S4 wasn't there) and have to agree it does look better in the flesh, just like most modern car design for example the A6 and BMW's 5 & 6 series cars.

The big question around the Audi stand is when and how will the Audi Le Mans and Nuvolari design concepts become production cars? The mid-engine V-10 Le Mans debuted at last year's IAA in Frankfurt, and the Nuvolari was unveiled at the Geneva auto show in 2003. The Le Mans could simply preview some of Audi's design ideas for the next TT roadster and many of the Nuvolari's design cues went into the new A4.

Audi's (Q7) SUV based on the Pikes Peak concept was shown at the 2003 Detroit auto show. The car may debut as a production model at the Detroit show in January.

The Nuvolari is simply gorgeous. You've probably seen various posts on other Audi sites from "insiders" who claim it is the basis for an A4 coupe. Let's hope so. Was there any official news about RS4 and RS6?

Is that only my impression or it looks much bigger that the current A4?

Good pics Andy.

I also saw your other pics of the new B7 from the other day. That said, I'm not sure if I'm taken with the new A4 (B7) or not.. is it new for the sake of Audi releasing something, so they can roll out their new grilles across the range...? The new A8 looks fantastic with the new grille, but I am struggling with seeing such a huge "nose" on the A4 ...

With signature items like this new grille, it's all going "Bangle-like" (the BMW design chap behind that awful boot-"extension" on the new 5,6 and 7-series Beemers) - though thankfully not to such a dire extent - at least the grille _might_ grow on me!

Like you said, we'll have to see the car in real life to (maybe!) appreciate it.

Apart from the design, what's happened internally? Chassis changes? New toys? Electronics?

Cheers

Pete

---

[ QUOTE ]
drum said:
The Nuvolari is simply gorgeous. You've probably seen various posts on other Audi sites from "insiders" who claim it is the basis for an A4 coupe. Let's hope so. Was there any official news about RS4 and RS6?

[/ QUOTE ]

We're all waiting for the official news for the new RS4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

The nuvolari is gorgeous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

And I'm dreaming of an S4 coupe with a V8 4.2 bi-turbo engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

G

RastaS$,

Go have a look at RS6.com forum under RS4. Apparently the new RS4 has just been shown to German dealers, (who had to sign a draconian confidentiality agreement and were searched for cameras/ camera phones before being allowed to see it). It has new naturally aspirated 4.2 litre FSI V-8 engine with 420 bhp.

[ QUOTE ]
drum said:
RastaS$,

Go have a look at RS6.com forum under RS4. Apparently the new RS4 has just been shown to German dealers, (who had to sign a draconian confidentiality agreement and were searched for cameras/ camera phones before being allowed to see it). It has new naturally aspirated 4.2 litre FSI V-8 engine with 420 bhp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man what's up with these naturally aspirated engines on the RS models??? It's really starting to p*ss me off! There's not so much a person can do to tune it...and if there is, it's 10 times more expensive! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

G