A4 Ocean Blue B7 Avant

Kim Hollamby

Reaction score
P1100288
P1100319
P1100257

Hi from Eastbourne,

Recently bought this 2006 A4 2.0 tdi Avant in Ocean Blue with cream interior. 68,000 miles, 2.0tdi (140) CVT Auto.Very pleased with the car until a friend mentioned the other day about the horror stories regarding the 2.0 tdi engine and its balance shaft issues. I read a lot of very useful threads on here and realised it was all true.

This car has a BLB engine which came from the factory with chain-driven oil pump. After some helpful research from KMB Parts Direct, they found out that it had been into an Audi Main dealer in 2010 for a gear driven upgrade and so I'm hoping that the 100mm Hex Key was part of that upgrade and not the 73mm found in most engines up until 2009/10, which cause most of the issues.

Anyway, I love it and especially the ride it gives on 16" wheels, 55 profile tyres and standard suspension.

Last week I was ready to sell as I can't afford an engine rebuild but now it looks like being a keeper.

A bit sluggish in the fast lane and wondering if it's safe to map it to 170? I don't want to bring on the balance shaft issue so maybe I should leave well alone? Appreciate any thoughts.

Cheers, Kim

Hi Kim, welcome to Audi-sport.net.