A4 Model year 2021 specs?

True

Reaction score
Anyone have details on the Modeal Year 2021 specs?

I've ordered a Vorspsrung 35 tfsi for delivery in October this year in the UK.

Anyone know if the above model will have any further additions to the MY 2020??

It will be interesting to see when the configurator updates as it is saying stock only at the moment- does anyone know how long it normally takes to change from one year to the next?

2021MY goes into production from the third week of July. Order books are currently closed until the start of July as 1st July will see price rises.

A5 Sportback is going up by around £20. The biggest changes will be on leasing, (PCP, PCH) via VW Financial Services. It's increasing its interest rate as its own cost of borrowing has risen. Of course, 1st July also starts Q3 offers but dealers have been told if they have potential customers to sign them up by 30th June to avoid any financial increases.

As for 2021MY; A5 has no changes. A4: if you spec beige seats (Sport) you will now get a beige dashboard. Likewise with rock grey interior, you will now get a rock grey dashboard.

Elsewhere in 2021MY A4, the 35 TFSI gets an improved mild hybrid system, pushing the 150PS to 165PS. Looking at the badging, I think that will make the 35 become a 40 TFSI. Headrests, these will be part leather part synthetic. Finally, flat bottom steering wheels will no longer be standard on Vorsprung models

Looking at the international market, the US gets heated rear seats and heated steering wheel as standard. If the UK market gets those remains to be seen.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: elpeterol
2021MY goes into production from the third week of July. Order books are currently closed until the start of July as 1st July will see price rises.

A5 Sportback is going up by around £20. The biggest changes will be on leasing, (PCP, PCH) via VW Financial Services. It's increasing its interest rate as its own cost of borrowing has risen. Of course, 1st July also starts Q3 offers but dealers have been told if they have potential customers to sign them up by 30th June to avoid any financial increases.

As for 2021MY; A5 has no changes. A4: if you spec beige seats (Sport) you will now get a beige dashboard. Likewise with rock grey interior, you will now get a rock grey dashboard.

Elsewhere in 2021MY A4, the 35 TFSI gets an improved mild hybrid system, pushing the 150PS to 165PS. Looking at the badging, I think that will make the 35 become a 40 TFSI. Headrests, these will be part leather part synthetic. Finally, flat bottom steering wheels will no longer be standard on Vorsprung models

Looking at the international market, the US gets heated rear seats and heated steering wheel as standard. If the UK market gets those remains to be seen.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. So does that mean that the beige interior will be a non-cost option on my vorsprung A4?

Also, it’s strange how they are getting rid of the flat bottom steering wheel on the vorsprung which is the highest spec model? What are they replacing it with?

I don't know about it being a no cost option; simply if a beige or rock grey interior is selected, the dashboard colour will match and it won't be charcole. If your order is in before 1st July and you have a build week of the 3rd week of July onwards then you will be price locked on 2020MY and receive a 2021MY

As far as I'm aware a flat-bottomed will be an option. I gather not everyone is a fan of it, going by focus group feedback.

Is anyone aware of the problems that Audi are having with their TFSI engines? And does this mean that there may be a delay in 2021 orders?

A broker I spoke to when ordering our a4 avant black edition told me that one of the suppliers to an engine part had gone bust, and Audi were ‘recalling’ all stock to swap it out for a new part, on the basis that the new part provider would be liable for any warranty issues. Clearly I can’t verify it, but sounds plausible. I was told we were looking at October for delivery, and that slots were limited for new orders (clearly the latter to hurry me up).

As far as I'm aware a flat-bottomed will be an option. I gather not everyone is a fan of it, going by focus group feedback.

I have an A5 on order and got informed that I can't get the flat-bottom steering wheel I ordered as my car will be a MY2021. They have upgraded the driving assistant package with the new touch sensitive steering wheel also found in other models and that one (apparently) don't come in the flat bottom version. I'm from Denmark and as the full driving assistant package is standard here they have removed the option entirely from the A5.

Actually it's the same on the A3. If I spec it with the assistant package the configuration looses the flat-bottom option.

Btw. the 40 TDI version should also go from 190 to 204hp with the model year change.

Reactions: WarwickBoy
I've just ordered a 35TDI S-Line Avant for delivery in October. Flat bottom wheel has been specified as a cost option for me. But that's S-Line. Mind you I haggled him down to £25 for it from £125 to seal the deal. They threw in a 55 litre fuel/24litre ad Blue for free. I am led to believe from them that the 40 litre one almost doesn't exist!

Also the 35TDI has been 165ps/163bhp for a while so the 165ps TFSI should stay as the 35.

I've just ordered a 35TDI S-Line Avant for delivery in October. Flat bottom wheel has been specified as a cost option for me. But that's S-Line. Mind you I haggled him down to £25 for it from £125 to seal the deal. They threw in a 55 litre fuel/24litre ad Blue for free. I am led to believe from them that the 40 litre one almost doesn't exist!

Also the 35TDI has been 165ps/163bhp for a while so the 165ps TFSI should stay as the 35.
I hope you only paid around £33k all in (unless you had other options added)?

Screenshot 2020 07 08 at 085904

Actually I'm getting another lease. I wouldn't consider investing my own hard earned in a child murdering diesel! Looked at all ways to obtain one, petrol and diesel, PCP, Cash, HP, Bank loan etc and yet again the lease direct from VW Finance is a clear winner. £1600 deposit and 23 x £272 for 10k a year. Total £7856 for two years. £31992-£7856 = £24136. I'll forget the free RFL. If it's worth £24,000 in October 2022 I'll eat my lunch! The one I have is 3 years old and is trending at £16300.

Actually I'm getting another lease. I wouldn't consider investing my own hard earned in a child murdering diesel! Looked at all ways to obtain one, petrol and diesel, PCP, Cash, HP, Bank loan etc and yet again the lease direct from VW Finance is a clear winner. £1600 deposit and 23 x £272 for 10k a year. Total £7856 for two years. £31992-£7856 = £24136. I'll forget the free RFL. If it's worth £24,000 in October 2022 I'll eat my lunch! The one I have is 3 years old and is trending at £16300.
Definitely wouldn’t be worth £24k! Smart decision.

Hope this helps.
Managed to get some info from a good contact within my local Audi centre, and the interior in the A4 differs to what you mentioned for the Beige and Rock Grey interior - assuming I picked you comment up right!

Upload 2020 7 16 22 53 43

Yep, what I've said previously also in other posts on this forum :)

Didn't they mention the dashboard colour? That is changing too

Hi All, it’s been a while since I’ve posted on this forum. My 2016 S Line Avant 190 TDI 4 year lease ended in mid June and the car was eventually collected by the lease company a few weeks ago due to Covid restrictions. I held off on ordering a replacement due to the fact both me and the wife are working from home and both cars were languishing on the driveway. So I’ve saved a few months of lease fees.

Point of this post is that I’ve just placed an order for what is described as a 2021 A4 Avant 40 TFSI 190 Black Edition. Last night I was trawling the web and some car lease sites are beginning to show ‘A4 40 TFSI 204’ models.

Had a quick google and it seems that either the new standard power output for the 40 TFSI models will be 204bhp, or there could be two models badged 40 TFSI with differing power outputs, but I would think this unlikely in Audi’s naming convention.

I think that the new 2021 model engines have a power uplift but it’s still not reflected in the Audi Configurator yet.

So I wonder if my 2021 40 TFSI model order could be 204 bhp instead of 190bhp. Surely if I’ve placed the order yesterday then I’ll get a 2021 car with the new increased power output right??

Also noted that the 45 TFSI seem to be upped to 265 bhp from 245 bhp. Someone has already mentioned an uplift in bhp for the 35 TFSI model.

Last edited:
Here is the power output Audi uses for its badge designation. A 204PS is in the same range as a 190PS under a 40 badge designation

Audi power badges: a quick guide
  • 30: 81 – 91kW (110 – 130hp)
  • 35: 110 – 120kW (150 – 163hp)
  • 40: 125 – 150kW (170 – 205hp)
  • 45: 169 – 185kW (230 – 250hp)
  • 50: 210 – 230kW (285 – 313hp)
  • 55: 245 – 275kW (333 – 375hp)
  • 60: 320 – 340kW (435 – 463hp)
  • 70: 400kW+ (545hp+)

Interesting, thanks. So this seems to add some evidence to the all new 2021 40 TFSI model orders being delivered with 204 bhp instead of 190bhp.

Last edited:
My post isn't evidence to support your assertion; simply it's the engine output range for Audi's badge designation it released to support the change in 2017.

The only engine output change for UK 2021MY A4s is to the 35TFSI. It goes from 150 to 165PS. The change is to support and supply the slightly improved MHEV system.

My earlier post detailed the other minor changes to 2021MY A4s for the UK market. There are different changes to other territories that do not effect the UK market. One example is the US, it's S-Line equivalent gets heated steering wheel and heated rear seats as standard, complimenting the existing heated front seats.

There is lots to read online, but what is available is territory specific and Audi UK hasn't yet publicly published the 2021MY changes

Yet if you see the image I've added, the 40 TFSI 204bhp is apparently about to be offered to the UK market, its being advertised.

Also noticed the 40 TDI cars are also now listed as 204PS.

Appearing on many websites now.

I wish Audi would update the configurator to put us out of our misery.

If these changes are true then it represents a significant boost in power.

The increase is power might tempt me, although more interested in the torque figures. Bif it wasn't for the fact that on the sline I cannot get the same options as my current car. Having now got used to the matrix I am afraid I do not wish to lose them..

All orders here in DK has been bumped to MY21 and will get the 204hp version. There is no longer an 190 version available. I was incorrectly informed that the change applies to both TFSI and TDI engines but it seems to only be for the TFSI version.

Flat bottom steering wheel isn’t possible when the car has active lane assist (just got that confirmed as I had to accept a new configuration)

I have used the German configurator to look for changes as that one is updated to the new MY21 cars. It also seems that Apple Carplay will finally have wireless support.

I’ve just taken a quick look on the German Configurator. It confirms that the 40 TFSI engine is now rated at 204bhp and not 190bhp.

But it states that torque remains the same at 320 Nm. I think 0-60 changes from 7.5 to 7.3 secs for the Avant, if I’ve read it right. 7.3 to 7.1 secs for the Saloon.

Last edited:
Reactions: cuke2u
I wonder what my power increase to 250ps and torque to 400Nm gives me. Perhaps they have also lightened the 2021 model? Unfortunately if the torque has remained the same then I'm definitely not interested.

I know I've ordered one but it's a lease and I don't own it. However I find it utterly arrogant that they have no real idea what they are selling and staggering that you lot don't even get info on what you're buying. It's not just the latest fashion from h & m, it's £40k of your hard earned here.

If you or anyone paid £40k (or whatever list price) for an Audi of any marque - then you were ripped off! No one pays list, ever. Be it cash purchase, PCP, PCH - ever!

My £42k A5 Sportback S-Line 2020MY facelift model has £27k on the PCH invoice, once dealer deductions, manufacture offers, etc are taken off the list price.

Deal gone! :-(

Huddesfield Audi was the supplier. I dealt with Michael there last month. Funded by VWFS on an Audi Loyalty deal. There were around 20 or so metalic only models. 35 TDI S-Line sportbacks waiting to be shipped. I'm getting it next Thursday. Will certainly post photos! I opted for the Glacia White :)

Reactions: cuke2u
UK Audi configurator now updated showing the 40TFSI cars as 204bhp.

So I assume this is now the 2021 MY standard. 190bhp is gone from the configurator. The 35 TFSI remains at 150bhp it seems, not showing any increase as yet.

Reactions: Aston88