1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

A4 Model year 2021 specs?

True Jun 28, 2020

1. True

True New Member

Anyone have details on the Modeal Year 2021 specs?

I've ordered a Vorspsrung 35 tfsi for delivery in October this year in the UK.

Anyone know if the above model will have any further additions to the MY 2020??

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. elpeterol

elpeterol Active Member

It will be interesting to see when the configurator updates as it is saying stock only at the moment- does anyone know how long it normally takes to change from one year to the next?

4. HMG1K

HMG1K Active Member

2021MY goes into production from the third week of July. Order books are currently closed until the start of July as 1st July will see price rises.

A5 Sportback is going up by around £20. The biggest changes will be on leasing, (PCP, PCH) via VW Financial Services. It's increasing its interest rate as its own cost of borrowing has risen. Of course, 1st July also starts Q3 offers but dealers have been told if they have potential customers to sign them up by 30th June to avoid any financial increases.

As for 2021MY; A5 has no changes. A4: if you spec beige seats (Sport) you will now get a beige dashboard. Likewise with rock grey interior, you will now get a rock grey dashboard.

Elsewhere in 2021MY A4, the 35 TFSI gets an improved mild hybrid system, pushing the 150PS to 165PS. Looking at the badging, I think that will make the 35 become a 40 TFSI. Headrests, these will be part leather part synthetic. Finally, flat bottom steering wheels will no longer be standard on Vorsprung models

Looking at the international market, the US gets heated rear seats and heated steering wheel as standard. If the UK market gets those remains to be seen.

Hope this helps.

elpeterol likes this.
  5. True

True New Member

Thanks. So does that mean that the beige interior will be a non-cost option on my vorsprung A4?

Also, it’s strange how they are getting rid of the flat bottom steering wheel on the vorsprung which is the highest spec model? What are they replacing it with?

6. HMG1K

HMG1K Active Member

I don't know about it being a no cost option; simply if a beige or rock grey interior is selected, the dashboard colour will match and it won't be charcole. If your order is in before 1st July and you have a build week of the 3rd week of July onwards then you will be price locked on 2020MY and receive a 2021MY

As far as I'm aware a flat-bottomed will be an option. I gather not everyone is a fan of it, going by focus group feedback.

7. True

True New Member

Is anyone aware of the problems that Audi are having with their TFSI engines? And does this mean that there may be a delay in 2021 orders?

8. Xsombe

Xsombe New Member

A broker I spoke to when ordering our a4 avant black edition told me that one of the suppliers to an engine part had gone bust, and Audi were ‘recalling’ all stock to swap it out for a new part, on the basis that the new part provider would be liable for any warranty issues. Clearly I can’t verify it, but sounds plausible. I was told we were looking at October for delivery, and that slots were limited for new orders (clearly the latter to hurry me up).

9. SaceDK

SaceDK New Member

I have an A5 on order and got informed that I can't get the flat-bottom steering wheel I ordered as my car will be a MY2021. They have upgraded the driving assistant package with the new touch sensitive steering wheel also found in other models and that one (apparently) don't come in the flat bottom version. I'm from Denmark and as the full driving assistant package is standard here they have removed the option entirely from the A5.

Actually it's the same on the A3. If I spec it with the assistant package the configuration looses the flat-bottom option.

Btw. the 40 TDI version should also go from 190 to 204hp with the model year change.

WarwickBoy likes this.
  10. Aldi-Sport Chap

Aldi-Sport Chap Spacer Hater

I've just ordered a 35TDI S-Line Avant for delivery in October. Flat bottom wheel has been specified as a cost option for me. But that's S-Line. Mind you I haggled him down to £25 for it from £125 to seal the deal. They threw in a 55 litre fuel/24litre ad Blue for free. I am led to believe from them that the 40 litre one almost doesn't exist!

Also the 35TDI has been 165ps/163bhp for a while so the 165ps TFSI should stay as the 35.

11. tickedon

tickedon Active Member

I hope you only paid around £33k all in (unless you had other options added)?

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Aldi-Sport Chap

Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 08.59.04.png

14. tickedon

tickedon Active Member

I presumed you might have added metallic paint :)

Great deal if you haggled them down further.

15. Aldi-Sport Chap

Actually I'm getting another lease. I wouldn't consider investing my own hard earned in a child murdering diesel! Looked at all ways to obtain one, petrol and diesel, PCP, Cash, HP, Bank loan etc and yet again the lease direct from VW Finance is a clear winner. £1600 deposit and 23 x £272 for 10k a year. Total £7856 for two years. £31992-£7856 = £24136. I'll forget the free RFL. If it's worth £24,000 in October 2022 I'll eat my lunch! The one I have is 3 years old and is trending at £16300.

16. Aldi-Sport Chap

They said that they had included it for free, but when I pushed it was £15 + VAT/month less for white. White it is:icon thumright:

tickedon likes this.
  17. tickedon

tickedon Active Member

Definitely wouldn’t be worth £24k! Smart decision.