A4 MMI COMPUTER - EXTRA SPEC

Andy76

4 Rings All The Way!
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just bought a 2011 A4 and I was looking a few extras coded through the computer. Things like;

Cornering lights
Reverse dip mirror
Needle sweep etcetc

Has anyone any experience with this. I believe there is a hidden green menu in the MMI (accessed by holding car and setup down). I can't seem to access this menu do I need someone with VCDS computer to unlock the menu and let me play about? Or am I better to bring a list of extras to someone with computer and get them to do it?

If anyone has done this before I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks
Andy

I believe:
Cornering lights need adaptive xenon's for this
Reverse dip mirror -need to be programmed I think only work with memory modules
Needle sweep etcetc -Can be done via VCDS

Reactions: RS5 JON
I believe:
Cornering lights need adaptive xenon's for this
Reverse dip mirror -need to be programmed I think only work with memory modules
Needle sweep etcetc -Can be done via VCDS

Thanks for reply.
Not sure about the compatibility of the cornering lights. Unsure if I need adaptive xenons for this. I see plenty of polo's, golfs, Leon's etcetc coming outta junctions with the one fog on!

Reverse mirror dip - my wife has this on her golf match - I think it's cool.

Needle sweep shud be handy enough!

I'll keep hunting

Andy

lol great....there are loads of stuff on MMI do you have 3g High Tech pack? with the toggle HDD

Hey mate,

I think by the cornering lights you mean the individual fog lights which come on when a car is turning the corner, this is based on the steering wheel angle and is handy switched on using VCDS.

The reverse mirror tilt is possible also without memory seats I have it switched on in my A4!:) .. There is a list on the forum with all the available options, I will dig out the link for you tomorrow if you can't find it!:)

Hey mate,

I think by the cornering lights you mean the individual fog lights which come on when a car is turning the corner, this is based on the steering wheel angle and is handy switched on using VCDS.

The reverse mirror tilt is possible also without memory seats I have it switched on in my A4!:) .. There is a list on the forum with all the available options, I will dig out the link for you tomorrow if you can't find it!:)

I would REALLY appreciate that! Do I need to have the codes for switching on or is this easily found on VCDS?

It's easily found just a few check boxes!:)

Of all the mods I would like done to my 2010 2.0tdi avant Quattro sline with the 3G mmi high system is the mirror tilt when reversing - is there anyone near Chorley Lancashire who can do the business for me for some beer money ;-)

It's not that great, reverse mirror dip, and sometimes it's got a mind of its own.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Like using the mirror to view the moon, I turned it off

Reactions: V6 Quatt and Kalashnikov
The mirror tilt works without having memory seats however after dipping when reverse gear is selected it doesn't return to the normal position which u then have to move it yourself. I don't use it anymore

I added this and found when I return mirror selector back to mid position the mirror returns to start point

I found mirror dip on my 2010 and 2012 annoying as it didn't return to exactly the right position. It would return with the switch rotated back or when above 10mph but not always to the correct position. This was enabled in VCDS by setting the option and position/memory (i.e 2 settings).
I ended up not using it.

However on my 2015 it was enabled from factory and it works really well. Not only does it dip but it rotates the glass slightly too. It seems to reset fine as well as I haven't had to adjust it at all.