A4 gone - New Passat arrived

Mart

Reaction score
OK so the A4 went during last week, and on Saturday I collected my new 55 plate, VW Passat (new shape) 2 litre TDI Sport. - I must say it's very nice, certainly longer & more spacious than the A4 was, but then that was a R reg.

Got all the general mod cons, cruise, ESP, Auto lights, Auto wipers, Privacy glass rear, dimm rear view mirror, sport seats & suspension.
70,000 miles. - drives great!

:)

CIMG4101.jpg

CIMG4102.jpg

CIMG4103.jpg

CIMG4105.jpg

CIMG4107.jpg

CIMG4106.jpg

CIMG4110.jpg

I think they look cool in the estate version, i saw an R36 estate drive past me the other day, now that was sweeet!!!

Yep, I prefer them in estate version too. Yes the R36 is very sweet indeed.

Very happy with it, jojo, if you get a chance deff worth a look into.

They do look nice, I sat in one once and it had a really nice interior from memory.

Very happy with it, jojo, if you get a chance deff worth a look into.

Had a go in a Saloon version already, not too keen on the Electronic handbrake and the Auto hold function can be a PITA when parking, but I can live with these. Other half thinks I'm wasting my money, cos the B5(with 160k+ miles on the clock) is still going lol

even the older passat model this replaced was bigger inside than the b5

Is that the new style Passat with an Electric Handbrake ? Hmmm, not sure about that ...kept wondering what would happen in the hire car if I pushed the handbrake button on the dashboard when I was doing motorway speeds.....:huh:

i would have thought it would only work when stationary or very low speed

I'm sure you're right, but I would have to give it a quick jab to find out :tocktock:

lol, I've read up in the manual, it can be used as an emergency stop, if the foot pedal was to fail, but it will stop the car quickly, as if you'd slammed on the brakes.

I had a go at slow speeds, in a quiet car park, and can confirm, it does slam on the speeds.

It does also state, that it may not stop the car safely, and could cause you to loose control. - thus the only slow speed test.

Bl*mey!!! Well, I must admit I hated the electric handbrake in the Passat....almost as much as how to start the darn thing up (via a slot in the dashboard where the entire keyfob goes).....I really do not understand why make something thats really simple a lot more complicated and bound to cost a shedload when it goes wrong....

I don't think you cannot beat the standard handbrake.....call me old fashioned an all that .....