A4 exhaust system

momo_89

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm soon acquiring a 2002 a4 1.8T. I really don't know much about tuning cars, The car hasn't had anything insatalled it's just a stock a4 and it has around 165 bhp I think, not really sure.
I would like to change the exhaust system to increase bhp and to improve the sound and I'm looking to spend the less possible, what do you suggest I install?
thanks

Forget the exhaust for now. Get a remap first.

Talking of remaps - anyone got experience of using Awesome in Manchester. Considering remapping my 190 and they seem to be closest to me.

pav-g said:
Talking of remaps - anyone got experience of using Awesome in Manchester. Considering remapping my 190 and they seem to be closest to me.

Ive spoken to a few guys over on the VWAudi forum and they have used Awesome without any Probs, Very helpful aswell.

Pav, just get it done mate, Its a must!!

golf said:
Forget the exhaust for now. Get a remap first.

Im with golf on this one!!

...and you think it'll stop there!!!:no:

Pav, I can't believe you still haven't had yours remapped! What are you waiting for? It's essential on any 1.8T engine, when you get it done you'll wonder why you didn't sooner. Get it done daft lad!

I drove an S3 which was remapped at Awesome and it was very nice,pulled all the way through the revs,a massive improvement over a standard one.

golf said:
Pav, I can't believe you still haven't had yours remapped! What are you waiting for? It's essential on any 1.8T engine, when you get it done you'll wonder why you didn't sooner. Get it done daft lad!

Its not a matter of why but where from.... gonna give awesome a call and see what they can do.

I have used Awesome for various items, very professonal service but a bit steep on the old £'s

Thanks guys for the reassurance - ive got wednesday booked off work so gonna arrange an apt for a remap, air filter etc i'll let you know how it goes

Sarah is the person to deal with, many of the Briskoda guys have had many good dealings with her.