a4 estate water leaking!

zeeeebo

Lifes one big laugh
Reaction score
ok so its the first time its rained since i got the car and the back seat is wet and passenger footwell, its leaking from the top right hand side of the back door coming from the roof area by the inner door seal.

any ideas where its leaking from? could it be from the roof bars?

nathan

Haha , ditto... Just had the same problem! Was cursing autofloss until I removed the scuttle trim around the battery! Had a small pond there, I swear it was deep enough to add some koi! Either syphon it out or find the plug in the drain hole

I had the same problem recently and as Rallyman said check under the scuttle cover, seems to be a common problem with these and the drain holes blocking up. I ended up removing the rubber bungs completely as it didn't take long for the bungs to start blocking again. There is one located under the battery tray and one behind the brake servo.

I dont think blocked scuttle drains would be able to get the rear seat wet...

Footwells are typical though. Maybe you have more than one issue!

yer was going to say! the battery compartment is wet but wouldnt explain why back was wet! i tried taking some trimm off, the wet area seems to be about a foot long from the jesus handle to the back of the car, was so wet that this morning water was dripping down off this area to the seat below!!!

by the way when i say passeneger foot well i mean the back right hand side passenger footwell!

If theres water in the scuttle it can make the rear footwells wet, i think it just soaks thru the foam and its thinnest there or something, so you defo want to fix the scuttle drains before doing anything else.

does the water smell of washer fluid? the pipe for the rear washers runs through the roof sounds like one of the connections has come apart

if its got a sunroof, pull the headlining down a bit and make sure one of the drainage pipes hasn't fallen off. thats what made the back seat wet on mine, it drips down the pillar and ends up on the back seat for some reason. the headlining doesnt get wet when the pipe isnt fitted because it has a waterproof lining.