A4 cabriolet.

emery1990

Reaction score
Within next month I'm planning on getting a 1.8t 168bhp version in auto. I know it's not going to be a rocketship, but what are they like on a whole? High mileage cars an ok buy? Also is it the ko3s turbo?

I'm sharing it with my girlfriend, she being from a left hand country is only getting an auto Licence hence the automatic.

can you get a remap for stock, then when I drive it get it to swap to a different map?

Toby

Hi Toby,
I own a 163bhp 1.8T with 140k on the clock and it's great.
As for not being a rocketship, yes it doesn't come close to my mates RS4 but it still goes week enough.
Mines a manual so doesn't have the usual problems associated with autos but as long as you keep away from multitronics
And buy a straight forward auto you should be fine. Just make sure it has history, as I have heard some horror stories
Of huge gearbox repair bills.
Someone will be along soon to give you more advice though.

Andy

Hmmm not liking the sound of that ! I'll stay clear of multitronic.

Yeah I'm sure the power will be fine. I won't be scared of a high miler as long as it's got full history!

You don't have much option as I think unless its Quattro they are multitronic

If you do get multitronic just make sure it's serviced regularly

A reason why I went for the s4 with tiptronic :)

Yes I just had a look and all are multitronic! Ok so just make sure it has a good history

There is a reason why I'm going for the entry level a4 cab, Girlfriends 20 and she hasn't got her licence yet! I'd be getting an r32 if I had it my way!

She likes the a4 and I was won over yesterday after seeing two and they still seem pretty modern ! I thought it'd be too girly for me but looks pretty smart actually!

I'm after a black auto with full leather 4k budget if anyone has one in August ....

Also if the gearbox is a bit dodgy I guess that throws the remap out of the question !! Read it can only handle 229 lb before 2006