1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

A4 cabriolet.

emery1990 Jul 4, 2014

1. emery1990

emery1990 Registered User

Within next month I'm planning on getting a 1.8t 168bhp version in auto. I know it's not going to be a rocketship, but what are they like on a whole? High mileage cars an ok buy? Also is it the ko3s turbo?

I'm sharing it with my girlfriend, she being from a left hand country is only getting an auto Licence hence the automatic.

can you get a remap for stock, then when I drive it get it to swap to a different map?

Toby

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Andy_w

Andy_w Registered User

Hi Toby,
    I own a 163bhp 1.8T with 140k on the clock and it's great.
    As for not being a rocketship, yes it doesn't come close to my mates RS4 but it still goes week enough.
    Mines a manual so doesn't have the usual problems associated with autos but as long as you keep away from multitronics
    And buy a straight forward auto you should be fine. Just make sure it has history, as I have heard some horror stories
    Of huge gearbox repair bills.
    Someone will be along soon to give you more advice though.

Andy

4. emery1990

Hmmm not liking the sound of that ! I'll stay clear of multitronic.

Yeah I'm sure the power will be fine. I won't be scared of a high miler as long as it's got full history!

5. p1tse

p1tse Registered User

You don't have much option as I think unless its Quattro they are multitronic

If you do get multitronic just make sure it's serviced regularly

A reason why I went for the s4 with tiptronic :)

6. emery1990

Yes I just had a look and all are multitronic! Ok so just make sure it has a good history

7. p1tse

p1tse Registered User

Or if you go for s4 cab its tiptronic

Win win

8. emery1990

There is a reason why I'm going for the entry level a4 cab, Girlfriends 20 and she hasn't got her licence yet! I'd be getting an r32 if I had it my way!

She likes the a4 and I was won over yesterday after seeing two and they still seem pretty modern ! I thought it'd be too girly for me but looks pretty smart actually!

I'm after a black auto with full leather 4k budget if anyone has one in August ....

9. emery1990

Also if the gearbox is a bit dodgy I guess that throws the remap out of the question !! Read it can only handle 229 lb before 2006