A4 Cabriolet roof. Roof opens an inch, windows go down, roof storage box lid does not open

Sue Whyte

Reaction score
Sequence of events!
Someone not so familiar with the Audi remote locking system got a bit confused and as a result the boot would not open. Tried locking and unlocking doors in correct sequence but eventually boot was opened with key. Doors and boot now lock and unlock correctly.
However, since the boot was opened with the key the sunroof storage box will not open to allow the roof to go down'
Roof lifts an inch, windows go half way down and then all stops!
When the ignition key is turned to engage the roof button the roof warning lamp lights for a couple of seconds (as it should) it then starts flashing but there is no message on the instrument cluster display to advise what the malfunction is.
We have lowered the hood manually with the key and put it back up again and locked its the key to try to reset with no luck.The car was in storage for 6 months over the wintering batter went flat. Charged the battery and gave car a run for about 60 miles It was at this time we had the issue with the boot lock.
Is it likely there is not enough power in the battery?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hello Sue,

I had a similar problem on my old B6 Cabriolet. This was eventually fixed by doing the manual sequence, but you have to make sure you bring the roof all the way back in each position so the car senses each movement is completed.
Took me a few tries to finally work out why it had no effect.

Best of luck.

Ben

Hello Sue,

I had a similar problem on my old B6 Cabriolet. This was eventually fixed by doing the manual sequence, but you have to make sure you bring the roof all the way back in each position so the car senses each movement is completed.
Took me a few tries to finally work out why it had no effect.

Best of luck.

Ben
Thanks Ben. Tried everything. Just had a diagnostic check...it's a faulty roof motor. Probably taking the motor out and sending away for repair rather than taking to a garage!

Hello Due.

There is a handy motor repair guide on here if you are feeling up to it?

Thanks. Can see a few have praised the guider sorting the problem but I can't see the actual guide anywhere

I have found AUTOELECTRON who will repair the motor. Has anyone used their service. They supply motor removal instructions on their website
http://www.autoelectron.co.uk/guide.html

I ave not been able to find the removal instructions discussed on this forum. Thank you