A4 Cabriolet air and sound between drivers window and back window

Usman786

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a 2005 A4 2.5 TDI cabriolet. As I drive it home on the motorway I noticed excessive sound coming through between the drivers window and rear window whenever a car overtook me, thought the door was open first time it happened.

Does anyone know a fix or what can be done to reduce this? The passenger side is fine.

Thanks in advance

Usman786

Is your top original? I recently replaced my top with an aftermarket cover and the new seals are wider than the original ones, which sometimes catches the window on close even with the auto drop.

Else I also had to adjust the rear frame bow a few times to get it to close gap completely on the boot cover when top is up. When there was even a hairline gap in seal, it let in a whole mess of road noise.

Hope you solve the issue!

Mine is the same regarding the drivers window and rear window. I think the seal wears over the years. Never looked into it properly and never sit in the passenger seat so I don't know what that side is like.

My drivers and rear windows do rattle together sometimes. Must try changing the seal and see if that cures it.