A4 CABRIOLET 2.0 TDI UNKNOWN ISSUE PLEASE HELP

PK77

Reaction score
Please help. I have no idea why this is happening to my A4 2.0 TDI 2007.

Nothing obvious happening on the OBD tool screen and the idle looks steady enough. I would guess that thumping/juddering is the Dual Mass Flywheel starting to fail. Does the noise change if you dip the clutch pedal?

Hi, thanks for the reply. That video is with the car in neutral. The klack klack klack noise gets faster as the revs go up and as you saw in the vid if I rev it to max it temporarily fixes the klack klack noise.

Rod knock, worn out bearings...

Bad belt / tensioner or pulleys...

Unfortunately difficult to diagnose like this will need a visit to a garage for an inspection.

Thanks b2. Do you think it has anything to do with air flow as the problem goes away for a little bit after giving it full revs?

Thanks b2. Do you think it has anything to do with air flow as the problem goes away for a little bit after giving it full revs?

That is probably oil flow related, as the oil gets warmer and flows around the engine more the noise goes away, rather than air related. Let us know the diagnosis when you have it checked out.

Hi everyone who is involved, here is an updated video. I have today cleaned the EGR valve and all pipes connected and the throttle body. Still pumping and rattling. Looking at you tube could this be a bad glow plug?
As the days go by the closer I am to taking the long defeated walk into the repair garage reception.

Its fine, thats what diesels are supposed to sound like.