A4 Brake pads worn symbol

vanbasten

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out with this - somehow i managed to get a plastic carrier bag caught up in and around the front wheel on the drivers side - after some serious cutting and pulling i managed to get it released, but now my brake pad worn warning light is constantly on although the brake pads are fine for another 10,000 miles.

Could i have broken something in the brakes and is it possible to turn off this warning system?

TIA

You probably scrapped the outer off the brake wear indicator cable. This is probably touching the caliper and hence completing the loop.

Take the front wheels off and inspect them. Make sure you use more than just the jack if you're sticking your head under there!!!!!

If you find a break in the outer just wrap it in insulating tape or such so it breaks the circuit and the lamp should go out and you'll be back to normal.

Just had a check and wire from the wee sensor type thing to the pads is gone completely - can these be bought separately or do they come as part of the brake pad kit?