A4 B9 - small bugs and issues that should be resolved?

tadziak

Reaction score
Hi,

I was thinking that I would post here some of the things that I noticed after having driven almost 15 000 km in my car. Would be great if other owners could comment or add some more issues that they found out that Audi should fix with some updates:

1. Lane assist - randomly stops working despite good visibility and clear markings on the road. It's a widespread problem, commented also on the German forums. Some people blame the weather (camera lens getting foggy). Also a bit unstable and "nervous" in heavy rain/difficult conditions.

2. Head up display - reflecting on the windshield (the bezel) under certain lighting conditions.

3. Sound system (both *** and B&O) have some room for improvement. Maybe the amplifier/sound processor can get a software update?

4. Carplay - for me both on the Android devices and IOS sometimes just refuses to activate. Once that happens - I can't get it to work for the rest of the day (until the MMI system fully restarts). It happens the most often when I leave the car with the phone for a few minutes and when I come back - the phone is only recognized as a USB storage device. Very annoying.

5. I'm getting a minor rattle that sounds like from the driver's seat itself. It happens mostly when the car sways on the turns, or when I break or accelerate. I haven't exactly pinpointed it yet.

6. The quality of the calls over the speaker is not great. I often have to repeat because the caller did not understand me or the other way around...

I haven't experienced any of those issues but I have had a couple of situations where CarPlay goes blank even though it continues to work.

• When streaming music over bluetooth, when you press to go back one level, you end up in the root music folder instead of the artist folder
  • Album artwork is hit and miss when streaming via bluetooth
  • When browsing music using the MMI via USB, you have to go into an artists several times until it displays all the correct albums
  • When in fullscreen mode in the VC map, it would be nice if the MPG/whatever you've selected to be displayed in the left hand screen gets displayed like it does on the car view

Reactions: scottoliver252 and h1r4
I also noticed sometimes, when playing via bluetooth there was a complete mess with the artists not matching the titles of the songs being played...

I have one bug/niggle and it's a really really annoying one!

So the B&O speaker system is great ( IMO ) , but seriously I don't understand why it squeaks/rattles at the front area of the car near the windscreen! I mean it shouldn't do it and it totally ruins it when listening to music!!!!! Yes I like to listen to my music loud and with a bit of bass!! , but it shouldn't be squeaking/rattling that I can hear over the loud music in the first place!!!!

Really really not happy atm now

Trip to the dealers??

Does it squeak/rattle when driving over bad surfaces, holes and bumps or rather when there are certain sounds played?

I noticed buzzing and resonance of the central speaker (rather the cover) with certain sounds, like lower piano or guitar tones. It helps when you just press it or even punch it lightly. I complained about it to the dealer - they checked in the database that there is one problem like that in the Audi database, dated already like August 2015. B9 was not even in full production back then yet so they must have noticed it already during test drives and did not do anything about it. Anyway there is so far no fix for it...at least according to my dealer.

Reactions: h1r4
Does it squeak/rattle when driving over bad surfaces, holes and bumps or rather when there are certain sounds played?

I noticed buzzing and resonance of the central speaker (rather the cover) with certain sounds, like lower piano or guitar tones. It helps when you just press it or even punch it lightly. I complained about it to the dealer - they checked in the database that there is one problem like that in the Audi database, dated already like August 2015. B9 was not even in full production back then yet so they must have noticed it already during test drives and did not do anything about it. Anyway there is so far no fix for it...at least according to my dealer.
It's when certain sounds are played. I've tried tapping and punching no help. Hope they get a fix for it

I'd at least drop it in and get them to take a look, speaker mount might need tightening etc. Worth a go anyway.

yeah, try it, if they succeed then there is some hope for other owners too ;)

I also noticed that the navigation sometimes gets lost/confused. It happened to me 2-3 times that it thought I was driving in a river 50m next to the road or completely mixed south and north, directing me into opposite direction...

The sensor for lane assist should be much less sensitive. Often I keep my hands on the steering wheel on a long straight road and it keeps complaining that I should steer and I have to make some fake movements...

+ keyless system is a bit random. Sometimes it works flawlessly, sometimes i have to touch the handle 3-4 times before it unlocks the door.