A4 B9 Allroad 67 plate - anyone have an electronic swivel tow bar fitted

Daniel Orsborne

Reaction score
I’m trying to fit one to my car but I can’t get the coding to work. It’s a westfalia electronic swivel version that would have been factory fitted to the car. As far as I know all the electric bits are fine and I have no fault codes but the light on the release button doesn’t light (although the backlight works) and the switch doesn’t release the tow bar.

Does anyone have access to a car with this fitted and working who can send me a read out of their codes?

I’m trying to fit one to my car but I can’t get the coding to work. It’s a westfalia electronic swivel version that would have been factory fitted to the car. As far as I know all the electric bits are fine and I have no fault codes but the light on the release button doesn’t light (although the backlight works) and the switch doesn’t release the tow bar.

Does anyone have access to a car with this fitted and working who can send me a read out of their codes?
Is the module new or second hand? Module is parametrised?

Coding module 69 (Left hand drive)

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

The towbar is second hand but the tow controller, wiring and release button are new. What is involved in parametrising the unit? I think that might be the issue!

The towbar is second hand but the tow controller, wiring and release button are new. What is involved in parametrising the unit? I think that might be the issue!
You need VCP or Odis to parametrise the module. @DJAlix can help you with that in the UK.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine