A4 B9 2018 - still worth buying now? (2021)

lanala

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am new over here. I had an A4 B6 130hp for a long time and I am considering an used A4 B9 2.0 TDI (automatic transmission) from 2018 at the moment.

Although I found one car just with 45000km, I am wondering if it makes sense to buy it now. New A4 should be arriving soon and the car that I found is pretty basic (almost no extras - no Audi smartphone interface, no reverse camera, no 3 zones AC, …).

Would you still buy a car like this one nowadays?

Thanks in advance for your comments

I wouldn't, wait for one with all the extras. You'll wish you had if you don't. That's what I did. The only my thing my car hasn't got is a sunroof.

I wouldn't, wait for one with all the extras. You'll wish you had if you don't. That's what I did. The only my thing my car hasn't got is a sunroof.

Thanks for your opinion. Could you elaborate on the extras that you have? The car that I am considering has the MIB 2 scaled version with the navigation system but without the Audi smartphone interface (only one USB port to charge), cruise control, Bluetooth and I think it’s all (no virtual cookipit, no sline interior or exterior/suspension, no automatic AC).

Screenshot 20210713 200223 myAudi

B9 are definitely still worth buying, but do get it with the options You want. So that you don't end up regretting buying the car because of a missing option You didn't get.
When I was looking for my B9, I wanted almost all the options, and I kept looking for a perfect car for a long time (6+ months), but in the end I found it and I'm happy that I'm not missing anything I need.
In my case the drivetrain was the problem why I was looking for such a long time, I wanted 3.0 TDi quattro with 200 kw engine because that's the only one which gets the awesome bulletproof ZF tiptronic gearbox instead of the stronic which all the other diesels get.

Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw

h
Hey everyone,

I am new over here. I had an A4 B6 130hp for a long time and I am considering an used A4 B9 2.0 TDI (automatic transmission) from 2018 at the moment.

Although I found one car just with 45000km, I am wondering if it makes sense to buy it now. New A4 should be arriving soon and the car that I found is pretty basic (almost no extras - no Audi smartphone interface, no reverse camera, no 3 zones AC, …).

Would you still buy a car like this one nowadays?

Thanks in advance for hello

I bought it in May for £17k. It was nearly £50k when new so I have to pay more road tax on it. Nearly £400 a year!

I bought it in May for £17k. It was nearly £50k when new so I have to pay more road tax on it. Nearly £400 a year!
That's a stellar, where did you get it from? I been eyeing up an B9A4 can't find the right one yet.

TBF I don't think they had a clue what they were selling. They simply said it has different headlights from the others (matrix LED) didn't even mention the front & rear Audi parking cameras or the 360 self parking.

Reactions: NevMan
Ahh the stinger tax. The only positive thing I can say about that is you still have a few years to do that before it drops back to the 150 plus pound rate. (Providing the government doesn't move the goalpost of course). It was that very reason I didn't get the A6.

Problem with options, they virtually depreciate by 100% when the 1st owner ticks the box. Most will either trade in or use webuyanycar type and they take no account of what options the car has. So you are left with private sale and have it hanging around for ages as you've priced too high based on what you think the options are worth.

Saying this tho, would I have a poverty spec car.... HELL NO!