A4 B8 Pre Facelift Tail Lights To Facelift Tail Lights help?

Jab14

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum so I apologise if Iv posted this in the wrong thread etc.

Basically I own a 2009 Audi A4 b8 and currently I'm trying to figure out what needs to be done to convert the rear end to the facelift version a4(b8.5). Iv got hold of some facelift LED tail lights, facelift Rear bumper and boot lid. Now I need to workout what wiring harness I need to fit the tail lights and codes for coding the lights? I'm in the bolton area so if anyone nearby has done this or can help that'd be great guys!!

Thank you

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum so I apologise if Iv posted this in the wrong thread etc.

Basically I own a 2009 Audi A4 b8 and currently I'm trying to figure out what needs to be done to convert the rear end to the facelift version a4(b8.5). Iv got hold of some facelift LED tail lights, facelift Rear bumper and boot lid. Now I need to workout what wiring harness I need to fit the tail lights and codes for coding the lights? I'm in the bolton area so if anyone nearby has done this or can help that'd be great guys!!

Thank you

I'd also like to know the answer to this so I hope someone knows! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd also like to know the answer to this so I hope someone knows! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeh Iv seen some threads on here and other forums but no clear information on what needs to be done etc. Majority of the threads are regarding Avant tail lights conversion or Pre facelift halogen to LED but not anything for FL.

Frustrating as Iv got all the parts ready just need to put them on

Hey did you find out how to do this I have all the parts to

i thought i saw in OBDeleven coding in the FL lights

Did you ever sort this pal?? I have all bits to convert my Avant rear from b8 halogen to FL LED just cant find how to install the wiring properly

Last edited:
Apart from coding, does anyone know whether any wiring (adapter or splicing) needs to be done from Avant B8 LED rear lights to B8.5 facelift LED rear lights? Most of the threads I have found talk about B8 halogen to facelift. Any links or advice appreciated.

Completed this upgrade from LED to FL LED recently and made a how to slide showing the wiring.

I didn't use adapters as it's easy to swap pins around in the original outer connectors using a pin (I used a sim card needle - things things you use to pop the sim card out your phone).
If using the original plugs like I did you do have to use a Stanley knife to shave off a plastic sticking out part on the light connector or the original plug won't slide on properly (very easy to do and doesn't damage the light at all).
New plug connectors are needed for the inner ones as they are different between old and new. Part numbers on the attached as well for the connectors.
Then one adaptation on Ch.46 - 181 - Set to 'zero' to delete bulb out warnings (for Reverse and Fogs).
Good reference link with photos over at Audizine as well.

Attachments

• Euro LED to Euro FL LED Upgrade Process.png
    Euro LED to Euro FL LED Upgrade Process.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 700
Reactions: MuPPeT_ON_TouR and ed1119
Hello,

Apart from wiring, can anyone please advice if a facelift a4 b8 boot lid with its original rear lights will fit a non facelift a4 b8?
I recently had an accident, damaged to rear end of the car especially the boot lid, I found a like-new boot lid but for a facelift a4, as you all know there are changes in shape on the rear light area as shown on picture, so I need help before buying.

boot lid on left like mine, on right like what I want to buy (lights included)