Help Please A4 B8 Front Door Actuators

mwsx5

Reaction score
Got an issue with my front door actuators where every time you slow down/stop then pull away the door actuators click which is getting annoying.
I pulled the codes with carista and got code P02115 on both front doors.
Can anyone recommend a replacement for these, am I better buying genuine items.
Been in similar situations before with an older VW Golf when these eBay cheapo’s fail after a few months.
Your assistance would be appreciated & thanks in advance.
Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fun to change, but both fronts, you need to look at what would trigger, check the door hinge rubbers for broken wires 1st.

Reactions: mwsx5
I know, its strange as everything works fine apart from this auto lock garbage.
Think I will just swallow the cost of genuine replacements, been there with the cheapo replacements on an old mk4 Golf to redo them months later
Be too late to add to my santa list

As said above, check the wiring first. It's a common issue for sure on the A3 but that doesn't mean other models are immune.

Reactions: mwsx5
Thanks for the heads up, look into the wiring over the holidays & see if I can find anything.

Well folks FYI
This is potentially a safety feature , turned the passenger airbag back on the other night and the issue corrected itself,auto locks working as they should, had my daughter in the car today & turned the passenger airbag off again & auto locking not working again.
Happy days, saved my buying new actuators.

Ah well, really happy I didnt waste my time reading the manual on this issue, both front doors are now intermittently not opening from the outside. Looks like the actuators are on the way out.
The joys