A4 b8 drl replacement to led

Yes thats what mine does, No point in having both of the DRL lights on when the headlight is on, It's just wearing the bulb out .

Thanks for the quick replies I can confirm what you've said is correct. If I leave my lights on auto and its daytime both of them light up :) I was worried for a moment I broke something when I upgraded my DRLs to LED. There look awesome with this mod. Great forum by the way.

Reactions: RS5 JON and desertstorm
Really appreciate finding this post and the pictures where to make the cuts. Switched mine out to 50w Cree LEDs and they look FANTASTIC. Bright clean white as you can see from this pic. Thanks again! Next step is the next gen Runstreet Canbus 10400 lumen headlights and 800 lumen fogs.
FullSizeRender

Reactions: RS5 JON
:sign welcome: Dr Mike, your new bulbs totally transforms the front of the car, no more yellow DRL's. :rockwoot:
Great job.
JG

I've done this mod to my car and also installed a HID kit at the same time. I must say that the car looks so much better now without the horrible yellow halogen DRL's.

Everything was great for a few days untill one of the LED DRL's went out. After a few more days the second DRL went out on the same headlight. Another week later and the xenon bulb in that same headlight had gone out. So now I have one side as it should be with both the LED DRL's working and the other side with no light at all. Could there be some sort of wiring or headlight fault that has caused all 3 of the bulbs in one headlight to fail, or is it just a case of rotten luck?

Try swapping the bulbs over and see if they work on opposite headlight, seems to much of a coincidence that the three have went on the one side.
If they work on the opposite side, it might be you've nick'd a wire when cutting out the inserts for DRL's or something.
A scan using VCDS might be an option to pinpoint any faults.
JG

Hello! I own an Audi A4 B8 with Halogen headlights. I want to change all the lights to white led CREE. What type of color do you suggest -5000k/6000k? I know that I need 2xH7 sets (low/high beam), 1xH11 set (fog), 2xP13w sets for DRL. Am I right? I see this as a personal project to improve the design and the night illumination power. How many lumen /bulb do you recommend for each type of bulb, having in mind each light functionality

Hello, Going to be expensive to change all 4 of the H7 bulbs to LED's.. You can buy H7 LED bulbs but they are expensive for high output quality items and I am not 100% sure what the beam pattern is like with reflector headlights. You will probably run into some of the same issues you get fitting HID bulbs into reflector headlights.
I changed the DRL's on mine to LED items and that was a great move, they look 100% better and were an easy fit. I changed the dipped beam on mine to a projector and fitted HID's and they work really well. Just bought some Osram Cool Blue Intense H11 bulbs for the fogs. They will match the 4300K HID's I have and produce a lot more light than an LED will with no issues around bulb warnings.

desertstorm, how complex was it to fit a projector for your dip beams and you have a picture of what it looks like during the day?

It's not that tricky if you are reasonably handy. There are several How To's on the net. Just a bit time consuming as I was trying to get it right first time by test fitting it to the car to make sure all was OK before sealing it back up.
I took some pictures with some info on what I did in the build thread I have for my car.
Karls 3.0 TDI build thread

I have a question... With the halogen DRLs, they dim when the indicator is on on which ever side you have flashing, do these LEDs dim too or do thy stay at the same brightness no matter what?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Hi does anyone know if these drl led are road legal and ok for mot??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I did it on mine and it works nice, try buying shorter bulbs to make it easier to fit. Around 1.5 hour per lamp when doing first time.

Attachments

• p13w-1.jpg
    p13w-1.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 471
can someone help me with this i want to change mine in the week but want to know why my indicator is always on lights are on is there something wrong

Attachments

• IMG_0128.jpg
    IMG_0128.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 721
can someone help me with this i want to change mine in the week but want to know why my indicator is always on lights are on is there something wrong

Someone has codes in amber DRLs. You’ll find that it’ll dim and flash when you indicate

yes that's correct if i have the indicator on it will blink but hard to see as its on already can i have it set up so its off but then come on when indicating