A4 B8 Concert III AMI CODING

I can't help you Chris but I'm as keen as you to find out as this is something I plan to do. Did you install it yourself and did you buy the parts from Audi.

Hi Bustanut,

We finally got the AMI going -

Enable Media Player 3 in the CAN Gateway, then go into Module 56 (Radio) and go to Byte 11 within the long coding helper .. In that byte there will be a bit which is called Multi Device Interface (MDI) settings active. Tick this, close VCDS and lock the doors using the key.

Wait a few minutes, turn the car on and now select AMI from the source menu in the Radio.

Parts were from Audi but I'm not sure how much they were as the unit was installed beforehand.

What threw me off was, that I was looking for Audi Music Interface, not Multi Device Interface so once that was ticked, the whole system worked.

Chris, thanks for the reply. Glad to hear you got it working. I am trying to decide if it's worth the expense at the moment as I can still load 6 CDs and have an sd card full of music. Audi dont make these things simple or cheap do they.

Chris, thanks for the reply. Glad to hear you got it working. I am trying to decide if it's worth the expense at the moment as I can still load 6 CDs and have an sd card full of music. Audi dont make these things simple or cheap do they.
If you don't mind me butting in, i've got the AMI system in my car and we use to change from my wifes iphone to my galaxy s3 to get the music. But we always use sd card or the changer now, it might be me but sd system sounds a lot clearer.

Last edited:
Definitely not cheap nor simple (well simple when you have your head screwed on which I clearly didn't! ;)) but well worth it.

Mike, the quality of the track itself has a lot to do with the output but I find listening to a track (the same one) thru SD or AMI it sounds exactly the same.