A4 B8 brake pads

Ringway

Reaction score
Hi guys! Im contemplating on whether to get mintex pads or EBC yellow stuff for my A4 b8.

I do quite alot of miles over the weekend about 500 something miles every weekend.

I sometimes do like to warm up the engine on my journeys ie. Flaw it down to the max on the country side roads.
I noticed my brakes have started making noise when the car is warmed up and was adviced by a chap that i might need my pads replacing but discs are okay do not need changing at all.

He also said the red stuff pads make alot of noise and take a while to kick in if you use it for normal Everyday driving and are very noisy but will rather recommend yellow stuff than red ones how true is that?

What brake pads will you recommend For my kind of Journeys?

Any good recommendations will be appreciated!

Earl

I had Redstuff on my BMW 330d and couldn't fault them at all. I was always under the impression that Yellowstuff were harder to get going as they were more of a road/track pad rather than fast road.
A colleague of mine had Yellowstuff on his road car he used for track as well and they were superb flying round Donington.

Ultimately depends on how much you want to spend of course. Ferodo DS2500s are awesome but you'll certainly pay a privilege for them.

Can't speak for Mintex from an Audi perspective as mine is running standard until they're cream crackered but for my BMW their everyday pads got a slating.

I plan to put Redstuff in mine but might consider the Brembo Q5 calipers as well (hopefully with Redstuff if available).

Got EBC Yellow in the S4 & they damn good IMO

I plan to put Redstuff in mine but might consider the Brembo Q5 calipers as well (hopefully with Redstuff if available).
Got the Q5 Brembo 4 pots going on the S4 next week.
Using Yellow stuff with those too

Brembo 4 pots and Yellowstuff would be a nice combo without going down the BBC route. I only have 17" wheels so 380mm brakes not an option anyway.

Reactions: xpoweruk
I have redstuff all around on our S4, no noise, better braking and the dust easily cleans off.

Reactions: xpoweruk
Depends if you like brake dust , I don't know of anyone that likes brake dust , lol .

I've had EBC Green , Red and Yellow and Ferodo DS2500.

Between 2 vehicles I now have 16 pads of Redstuff.

My choice of pad over them all .

I have DS2500 on my focus ST, I have gone through 2 sets of Pagid front discs over the last 40k miles and pads are now only half worn! Also they are not R90 complaint, the Redstuff are R90 complaint however...