A4 B8 Big Brakes and upgraded fuel pump

Natebrand1987

Reaction score
Read a few posts and it seems the sq5 2 pots are direct fit is this the case ??

Some have come up at 600 quid

Really tempted but don't wanna fork out that cash if I have to get bespoke carriers manufactured

Secondly ...

Running 95iq to 4k rail pressure is dropping is any pumps available that are direct fit ? R100 or such like ?

On my 1.9 r70 pump I put a 2.4 R80 on and it sorted the issue out just wondering if anything similar is about like from the 4.0L etc

Regards

Nate Brand

Nate one of the other good options is a set of db9 calipers and a set of vagbremtechnic.com 345mm adapter bracket. This is what I run on mine

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick reply..

They look really good brakes but I'm really only wanting to spend around 600 quid so if these are indeed direct fit they would be a good upgrade as I think mine are currently 320mm 1 pots

Q5 Brembo 4 pots are a direct fit with S4 B8 discs

8R0615107E & 8R0615108E are the part numbers.I got mine for £613.73 new from Audi

Reactions: Chop. and gary_a4_quattro
i take it thats with out discs and pads ? what did you pay for them too ??

I used EBC Yellow Pads & EBC discs.Not sure how much they where,but prob around £250

Sq5 380mm calipers and discs will fit but they are really heavy and a bit of overkill need at least 19s. I think there are higher capacity pumps available. Bobby Singh may be able to point you in the right direction.

They do fit under 18s but they have to be of the correct design. These calipers and disc's are fitted to the d4 audi a8 and they come with 18s too

thats good then as i have 19s on do you know about the carriers ?? or have any part numbers to hand ? ill ring audi tomorrow afternoon try find some out

yes im watching them but they are still floating calipers id rather have pots on either side if possible

and considering motorhog is suppose to be a proper company they have their add wrong as they are 365mm i believe

The sq5 calipers are 380mm a d are twin pot sliders

You can get the db9 calipers for about 180 a side but the brackets are about 260 with the lines

Sq5 380mm calipers and discs will fit but they are really heavy and a bit of overkill need at least 19s. I think there are higher capacity pumps available. Bobby Singh may be able to point you in the right direction.

missed this when i replied regarding disc size sorry .... yes i have 19s ... over kill is fine i like overkill haha

I know that Crewe audi on here will do the q5 brembos for 575

Try Mike on the parts store. I got my q5 Brembos delivered for around £550 the db9 calipers are cheap if you can find them cheap second hand. They are pretty much the same as the q5 Brembos.

did you find they were better than the s4 brakes you fitted ??

also do you or bobby have any ideas on a direct replacement upgrade hpfp??

The q5 brakes are a good upgrade and have a slim profile much more so than the db9/ttrs calipers I have. The piston sizes of 42 x4 mean that the piston area is reduced by about 1.2% but the pad area is massively increased. The db9 is about 0.2% smaller than stock and the pads are the same as the q5 they monblock and extremely light

anyone looked into the 17z and 18z from the cayenne ?? being basically a q5 they should fit also right ??

Unfortunately cayenne brakes whilst they bolt right on there is no disc that will work with the s4 due to the offset on the hub.

I think you have something wrong in the tune, R85 is a pretty big pump and should flow more than enough for 400hp.
There is no direct replacement they all require tuning.

I think you have something wrong in the tune, R85 is a pretty big pump and should flow more than enough for 400hp.
There is no direct replacement they all require tuning.

yeah i know they will need editing in the map, what i mean is will one physically fit with out physical modification ? As for my power i may well be over 400hp i just dont know as i dont have a print out as the dyno broke then we added another 25iq and a little more boost. which made a huge difference in power when road testing and logging

Unfortunately cayenne brakes whilst they bolt right on there is no disc that will work with the s4 due to the offset on the hub.

saw some guy used ml55 disks albeit the hub needed machine out by 1mm on a lathe.. no biggy but them sq5s motorhog have sent me an offer saying i could have them for 550quid, i might email back and say look 500 cash lol

I think from my research these only work with a maximum of a 330mm disc so you may be able to keep your stock discs

wouldnt mind going bigger that stock discs tbh . these sq5s are looking better and better being dirct fit and at a reasonable price. albeit not quite as good as the 4 or 6 pots as from searching online the others are a lot of parts or brackets and such like where the sq5 seem to bolt straight up

The only draw back to the sq5 is the weight of the disk and calipers